Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Wednesday, March 13th, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Winner gets Iowa

Illinois vs Northwestern (United Center, Chicago, IL)
Wednesday, March 13th
8:00pm CT
BTN

B1G Tournament Bracket

:illinois:

Last edited:
"we are who we thought we were."
Need Ayo, Trent and Girogi all to play as an optimum level for this team to win.

How many of the last 5 loses have we been close at the half and than faded?

Look at what Ohio State has done the last two games. Wisconsin is about to take them out back again I'd bet.
I've been saying it the bigten isn't as great as PPL have made it out to be. Top to bottom not a big gap but I believe that's bc the top isn't very strong.
Battle for Chicago Supremacy!
If NW wins do we concede that they are Chicago s #1 team 😂😂😂. God please don't lose this game.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
I wonder if Law will play Wednesday. He was injured late in the Purdue vs. Northwestern game on Saturday. He and Edwards kind of tripped over each other and Law ended up with a big gash on his lower leg. Although he did return to the bench, he did not reenter the game.

I read an article that said Law was probable for Wednesday.

Deleted member 6376

D
Illini have checked out. Northwestern should put us out of our misery Wednesday.

This is not a good team. We should beat Northwestern. There is no reason to think we can beat anybody else in the league. Its not impossible but extremely unlikely. We have to hope between transfers and recruits that we have a complete roster next year. I don't want to see 4 guards and a center next year.

jrod1286

Pat Chambers
Illinois
This is not a good team. We should beat Northwestern. There is no reason to think we can beat anybody else in the league. Its not impossible but extremely unlikely. We have to hope between transfers and recruits that we have a complete roster next year. I don't want to see 4 guards and a center next year.
Wow dude, such a Debbie Downer.

Please. We've beaten 7 of the other 13 Big Ten teams. I know we're playing awful lately, but this team has already shown they're capable of beating good teams when they play well. I'm not optimistic either, but to say we can't beat anyone is silly. It's not impossible that we get hot again.

SKane

Tennessee
For what little it is worth, I think that ILL otter win 82 - 72.

We’ve played worse before and found some conference wins. “Extremely unlikely” (especially in a tourney imo) is a harsh take

I'd be surprised if we lose to NW. I think Underwood will have the team ready and we're just better.

Iowa though, while scuffling, has had our number over the past 2 years. Their combo of shooters and guards/wings who can take their man off the dribble just seems to give us issues

Stubhub has Wednesday, Session 1 tickets for $6.00. General admission seating

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
We haven't played well lately, but we've played some really tough teams as of late too, @WI is always tough (especially for us for the last decade), PSU @ home when PSU was on a roll, @Purdue, a W vs NW, a home loss against a IU team that's been on a roll, and a loss on the road against a still hot PSU team. We caught some teams at the wrong time. These losses haven't exactly been to bad teams. While not ideal and I would have liked to have taken at least one of the PSU games or the IU game, the sky is not falling like some make it out to be.

We haven't played well lately, but we've played some really tough teams as of late too, @WI is always tough (especially for us for the last decade), PSU @ home when PSU was on a roll, @Purdue, a W vs NW, a home loss against a IU team that's been on a roll, and a loss on the road against a still hot PSU team. We caught some teams at the wrong time. These losses haven't exactly been to bad teams. While not ideal and I would have liked to have taken at least one of the PSU games or the IU game, the sky is not falling like some make it out to be.
Im speaking for myself but I'd have to say its a combination of two really bad years(no one can argue). Add the 4 previous years... We expect better from this team and program yes it's a young team but still have to hold this program to a higher level. As bu says top 16 program in the country we'll right night we are 11th in the bigten and not far off from 13th which is where we're last year. Improvement yes for 5 games then back to how they looked before that stretch. Layup lines wide open shots etc... It's not just who we played it's how we played. I don't think anyone was expecting a final 4 team, but to be better today then we were at the beginning of the season. IMO I don't think we are. Again IMO. As always go Illini.

Illinois has an ideal path to Friday and I expect them to get there. On a side note, when Iowa and Illinois face off on Thursday, they should call it the "Potty Mouth Bowl" in honor of the two head coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.