Pregame: Illinois vs Ohio State, Wednesday, December 5th, 6:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I speak for most of us when I say ... the Illini have never even played on my birthday.

My birthday is March 16th. I am a march madness baby. Mom yelled at dad because he was trying to catch the games on TV while I was being birthed (y)

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I hope Giorgi can have some more freshman growth like Trent last year. This will be a tough game for him.

Also, I found a .gif of his bench anger!

mVzwG.gif

Edit: .gif credit to my bro

More fun/soul-crushingly sad stats: after that loss to Nebraska we now have a losing streak of at least one game vs. every Big Ten team not named Rutgers:

L1 vs. Indiana (last defeated in 2018)
L2 vs. Iowa (last defeated in 2017)
L4 vs. Maryland (last defeated in 2015)
L2 vs. Michigan (last defeated in 2017)
L2 vs. Michigan State (last defeated in 2017)
L3 vs. Minnesota (last defeated in 2016)
L1 vs. Nebraska (last defeated in 2018)
L1 vs. Northwestern (last defeated in 2017)
L1 vs. Ohio State (last defeated in 2017)
W2 vs. Rutgers (horray!)
L13 ... yes, you read that correctly ... L13 vs. Wisconsin (last defeated in 2011)

LOL, we lead the all-time series vs. Wisconsin 110-88 ... it was 110-75 just 7 years ago.

More fun/soul-crushingly sad stats: after that loss to Nebraska we now have a losing streak of at least one game vs. every Big Ten team not named Rutgers:

L1 vs. Indiana (last defeated in 2018)
L2 vs. Iowa (last defeated in 2017)
L4 vs. Maryland (last defeated in 2015)
L2 vs. Michigan (last defeated in 2017)
L2 vs. Michigan State (last defeated in 2017)
L3 vs. Minnesota (last defeated in 2016)
L1 vs. Nebraska (last defeated in 2018)
L1 vs. Northwestern (last defeated in 2017)
L1 vs. Ohio State (last defeated in 2017)
W2 vs. Rutgers (horray!)
L13 ... yes, you read that correctly ... L13 vs. Wisconsin (last defeated in 2011)

LOL, we lead the all-time series vs. Wisconsin 110-88 ... it was 110-75 just 7 years ago.

Is that supposed to make me less sad that we've lost the last 13? Kinda having the opposite effect.

Dan

Admin
Ohio St -5.5

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
I hope Giorgi can have some more freshman growth like Trent last year. This will be a tough game for him.

Also, I found a .gif of his bench anger!

mVzwG.gif

Edit: .gif credit to my bro

Totally off topic but I've never known why Spade mouthed everyone else's lines in that skit. Maybe helped him memorize. Anyway, back to the Illinois gonna beat Ohio State thread!!!

Very confusing. So they must have a significant injury we donā€™t know about ?
KenPom, less moved by emotion than we, has it as OSU -6. I think most of us are expecting a performance like we saw at Nebraska, while others are expecting us to perform more like we have the rest of the season.

The worst part about this is he is openly admitting that his kid who has been around the offense and defense schemed gameplan for what 4 years or so has more of a reason to be playing than a scholarship better talented kid, who SHOULD be playing in order to LEARN the system for crying out loud!!! :mad: I am actually a BU fan, or at least was...that is slipping away however the more this continues.
He played 4 minutes. I think it is clearly a message to the more talented players who should be out there. Run the system, play hard and do the little things.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
KenPom, less moved by emotion than we, has it as OSU -6. I think most of us are expecting a performance like we saw at Nebraska, while others are expecting us to perform more like we have the rest of the season.
Illinois almost beat Gonzaga, guys! Did you forget already?!

He played 4 minutes. I think it is clearly a message to the more talented players who should be out there. Run the system, play hard and do the little things.

I think it clearly a brain fart each and every time it happens....stress will do that to you...

It isnt the attendance that is a bad look for the Illini, the Illini is a bad look for the Illini....
Game reps end up being a very small part of development. If a kid is completely lost, playing him in games isn't going to magically make him learn. All it does is hurt the team. You learn in practice and earn playing time in practice. That's how you grow.

People are seriously blowing this way out of proportion. Tyler is averaging 5 min per game with the great majority of that coming in garbage time or against bad opponents. Tev Jones or Griffin missing a couple minutes of game time has basically zero effect on their learning curve.

Practice, we talking practice, we not even talking a real game, we talkin practice man....

You know how each of them learn, how effectively, how quickly, do they retain in on the bench, do they retain it doing it live, maybe they are quicker or slower than othes. I wouldn't pretend to know what is going on now has either 100% or 0% on any players learning curve. It seems pretty obvious that TU has had the benefit of 3-4 years to average 5 minutes a game. Why would these guys learn and grow from those same 5 minutes instead...I dunno, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.