Pregame: Illinois vs Penn State, Friday, September 21st, 8:00pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to find a pity TV in the western burbs these days... pulling for ya.

Was in Wrigleyville last weekend around our game time ... interest was low. :/

The total evaporation and then unbelievably exponential growth of Illini support in Chicagoland depending on how good we are, while fairly logical, is absolutely insane.

Was in Wrigleyville last weekend around our game time ... interest was low. :/

The total evaporation and then unbelievably exponential growth of Illini support in Chicagoland depending on how good we are, while fairly logical, is absolutely insane.
I think the most infuriating fact out of all this is that I personally know of at least 4 bars in lakeview/lincoln park that bill themselves as Iowa bars. Schoolyards the only true illini bar I know of (and even that is becoming iffy.) Joes on weed used to avertise as such, but even thats gone the way of the dodo (not an intentional hawkeye diss).

Has Iowa really become that much of a powerhouse in either sport to garner that kind of attention? I can understand OSU and Michigan (surprisingly sparse),

I think the most infuriating fact out of all this is that I personally know of at least 4 bars in lakeview/lincoln park that bill themselves as Iowa bars. Schoolyards the only true illini bar I know of (and even that is becoming iffy.) Joes on weed used to avertise as such, but even thats gone the way of the dodo (not an intentional hawkeye diss).

Has Iowa really become that much of a powerhouse in either sport to garner that kind of attention? I can understand OSU and Michigan (surprisingly sparse),

FWIW, I’m doing my part at Roadhouse 66 on Clark St. My girlfriends’ parents are VIPs of sorts there, and I guess it’s a Michigan bar. When the Cubs game got over last Saturday, they wanted my parents, sister and me to come say hi. Told them no way if the Illini game wasn’t on a TV; it worked. :)

Deleted member 645583

D
It's a foregone contusion that Illinois will be beaten up tonight, isn't it? But I say fight Illini! Good showing, upset win? All things are possible.

Deleted member 645583

D
Intentional pun? Freudian slip?
Intentio
Intentional pun? Freudian slip?
Intentional. I'm a big fan of malapropisms, thanks to Norm Crosby. Remember him? Once said that a crowd gave a great speaker a "standing ovulation".

Go Illini! You're getting better and with suspensions back it should help the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 645583

D
But those ILLINI uniforms are lewd.

I substitute taught for a young art teacher by the last name of Butkus! at DeKalb High School today for a bunch of freshmen and sophmorics (another malapropism). None of the kids knew if she was related, but they sure knew the name of DICK BUTKUS!

Somehow, some way, I think that's a good sign.

Will #50 be there tonight?

And will Dre Brown play?

Thanks.

Deleted member 645583

D
Should have been "sophomorics." I love wordplay.

"Good night and good luck" to all of you and the Illini in the immortal words of Edward R. Murrow.

Deleted member 645583

D
Let's not jump to contusions!

I'll stop.

Beautiful night here in DeKalb; same in Champaign?

Beat 'em.

Let's not jump to contusions!

I'll stop.

Beautiful night here in DeKalb; same in Champaign?

Beat 'em.
Thanks for stopping by. Go Illini!

USF was a good measuring stick for how the Illini compare to a lower Big Ten team. Tonight, I don't think the Illini will measure up to a top ten team in contention for the CFP. I'm afraid McSorley needs to have a really horrible game to give the Illini a chance. But it could happen, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.