Pregame: Illinois vs Penn State, Saturday, February 23rd, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Wilson's system at talismanred.com has Illinois ranked 94 and Penn State 63. Penn State is far better than their record. PSU has lost 6 games by 4 or less points. Guessing Kenpom would have them below us in luck category.
Well, you are right, but its by a hair only.
We are 330, they are 346.
Still true, tho

Wow! Does anyone think this team knows he cares
" and loves them " we have to win this game, important to the program and important to all of us that hoped 89 was the year, we had I think 2 injuries in qtrs and semis that jobbed us. Important to the program.

A team capable of beating Michigan is capable of beating us.
Wow! Does anyone think this team knows he cares
" and loves them " we have to win this game, important to the program and important to all of us that hoped 89 was the year, we had I think 2 injuries in qtrs and semis that jobbed us. Important to the program.
Gift of understatement right there.
Way to keep your feet on the ground (y)

God I love seeing the 'inside the locker room' video coverage. I know all the college age kids on this site wouldn't have any idea why I'd make such a big deal out of that, but back in the 80's and 90's before cell phones, you just didn't get as much behind the scenes coverage of the Illini. You didn't have the same feeling of really being a part of what was going on. Now, though, you can get that extra boost of emotion by seeing and hearing all that stuff. I love it! keep bringing it!!!!

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga
I hear there is throwback poster they’re giving away on Saturday. What does it look like and how do you get one?

I'm glad the '89 guys will be there. PSU is playing very well, so the extra motivation can't hurt.

I am starting to get concerned about our conditioning. Ayo, some thought, had heavy legs in the WI game. I would think we absolutely need 9 to contribute. I doubt we can depend on 6/7.

?????????

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Seriously....if we don't wear the throw backs for this game...I'll.....I'll randomly yell at strangers. Or run amok with scissors.
Or just fall over dead.
I can't even imagine this much of an epic fail.

BkIwAeV.gif

Deleted member 29907

D
I am starting to get concerned about our conditioning. Ayo, some thought, had heavy legs in the WI game. I would think we absolutely need 9 to contribute. I doubt we can depend on 6/7.

?????????
Freshman are running into the Freshman wall - this is where the season is getting long compared to their previous experience (of course taking into account practices, competition, school load, etc and not just the number of games).

I'm left wondering if early in the season Penn state was looking at their schedule in anticipation of their last five when they had Illinois twice?

I was watching Oregon tonight and remembered how bummed I was that we didn't get Okoro and had this 3rd wheel, 300ish ranked recruit instead. I was not liking our prospects inside at all. Glad to be terribly wrong. It's funny how things worked out.

Jokes aside, this has changed how much stock I put into hype videos. I used to be in a camp that took them somewhat seriously. Now I'm more prone to disregard then unless it's a 3rd party analysis video (like that strengths/weakness video about Kofi).

I'd like to think we can win this reasonably comfortably. But late February in the B1G is an unpredictable place.

GB was just on Big10 the journey, my man and BU. Was kinda short.

Dan

Admin
Brad Underwood to his team at the end of practice: “It’s an 11 AM game... Advantage us.”

Underwood: Going back & watching the Wisconsin film, it was the first time here that I felt like we looked like my teams at SFA with our defensive rotations & how we took them out of rhythm.

Underwood: Penn State is one of the hardest-playing teams in our league. Lamar Stevens is one of the best combo forwards in the conference.

Underwood: Lamar can play all five positions on the floor. Fills the stat sheet in every capacity. Can bring the ball up the floor, post up, hard to keep off the glass.

Underwood on Flyin' Illini: I remember the 'like size'. It was positionless basketball when positionless basketball didn't exist. Their athleticism was unparalleled by many. Probably the best team in the country even though they didn't win it.

Underwood: Every great program has to create a culture like that & bring guys back & make it feel like home. I want guys to sit in the stands tomorrow & be extremely proud.

https://twitter.com/DPiper247

Status
Not open for further replies.