Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Purdue
Sunday, January 5th
7:00pm CT
FS1

:illinois:

The start of a 4 game win streak. This is a huge game and I think the players will play like it. We come out on fire and never look back.

UI - 77
Purdue - 61

The start of a 4 game win streak. This is a huge game and I think the players will play like it. We come out on fire and never look back.

UI - 77
Purdue - 61

How great would that feel? MSU was preseason #1 for a reason. We wont shoot below 10% from 3 every game(hopefully). We should win this game.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Definitely looking like a Must Win.

How great would that feel? MSU was preseason #1 for a reason. We wont shoot below 10% from 3 every game(hopefully). We should win this game.

I’d like to think so but the early data points we have vs high major defenses show we won’t shoot much higher either.

Home game, should win, but impossible to predict. Purdue guards. We will struggle to score. Can we slow them down enough to stay in it? Do we get the team that played Michigan or the one that played Miami? More questions than answers. Head says it’s a loss but heart says maybe a win. Too hard to predict.

After the 2 last games, the Purdue game will probably have us as a 2 or 3 point dawg.

Home game, should win, but impossible to predict. Purdue guards. We will struggle to score. Can we slow them down enough to stay in it? Do we get the team that played Michigan or the one that played Miami? More questions than answers. Head says it’s a loss but heart says maybe a win. Too hard to predict.
I mean, we went 1-11 from three against Michigan. I hope we get a team that has a coach that draws up some plays for shooters. Can’t just feed the post and hope that they don’t collapse like every other team has done since the Michigan game.

TRank now projects us to be 16-15 overall for the season and a B1G record of 8-12.

Read that BBV was spotted with a walking boot and in street clothes, not sure that was written elsewhere on here.

Really, the MSU loss was expected, and they went on a super quick run of about 8-0 in maybe a minute and half to pull from a 10 pt game to an 18ish pt game. We gotta do better, but losing to MSU is not the end of the world.

Fact is, we have to steal a couple away from home. We have a ton of opportunities. But we also have to take care of home court.

Gotta get the three pt shot going. We had some good looks, but Trent needs some sets run for him to get good shots off, doesn't seem like we ever set up for that.

Read that BBV was spotted with a walking boot and in street clothes, not sure that was written elsewhere on here.

Really, the MSU loss was expected, and they went on a super quick run of about 8-0 in maybe a minute and half to pull from a 10 pt game to an 18ish pt game. We gotta do better, but losing to MSU is not the end of the world.

Fact is, we have to steal a couple away from home. We have a ton of opportunities. But we also have to take care of home court.

Gotta get the three pt shot going. We had some good looks, but Trent needs some sets run for him to get good shots off, doesn't seem like we ever set up for that.

It was a bad looking loss especially not too far on the heals of the Missouri loss. But, it was a loss that was more or less expected. Have to protect home court, and realize that after that game effort it is difficult to see that happening, but I think we'll regroup and win at home.

Getting pounded on national television does not help perceptions and expectations.
Post Mich State.jpg

Bought tickets to go Sunday. My neighbor, a Purdue fan, is going with me from Indy area. When Keady was coach and I lived in Lafayette for 13 years, Purdoo was my least favorite team...they are still pretty close but would root for them vs Auburn. Hope for the best but Purdue has more pieces than we do. Not sure Kofi can score over Haarms. If officials allow Missouri style defense, we will be in trouble.

Going to this game. Spent 9 semesters in CU years ago. Is there any shuttle services anyone recommends? I.e. go to bar before game, and they bus you to game and back to bar afterward? thnxs

Jan 1

11. Illinois
(9-4 overall, 1-1 Big Ten, .962 PPP, .902 PPP allowed in league play)

Top 100 KenPom wins: Michigan (home)
Sub-100 KenPom losses: None

Why Illinois is ranked here: Brad Underwood and company are just 1-4 in games against teams ranked in the top 100 of KenPom and their best win other than Michigan is over Hawaii in Champaign. If the Fighting Illini are going to return to the NCAA tournament, they’ll likely need to win at least 11 Big Ten games.

9. Purdue (8-5 overall, 1-1 Big Ten, .867 PPP, .867 PPP allowed in league play)

Top 100 KenPom wins: VCU (neutral), Virginia (home)
Sub-100 KenPom losses: Nebraska (road)

Why Purdue is ranked here: The computer rankings still love the Boilermakers, but once the data from last season is removed from consideration, there will be a correction. A loss in Lincoln to Nebraska is unlikely to age well and Purdue has significant work to do in conference play after finishing with just a 2-4 record in non-conference play against top 100 KenPom teams.

Bought tickets to go Sunday. My neighbor, a Purdue fan, is going with me from Indy area. When Keady was coach and I lived in Lafayette for 13 years, Purdoo was my least favorite team...they are still pretty close but would root for them vs Auburn. Hope for the best but Purdue has more pieces than we do. Not sure Kofi can score over Haarms. If officials allow Missouri style defense, we will be in trouble.
So so true. If officials allow Missouri style D, we better play Missouri style D ourselves. I miss seeing last year's D.

If the Fighting Illini are going to return to the NCAA tournament, they’ll likely need to win at least 11 Big Ten games.

I'd disagree with this part. I think 10-10 might do it. When you look at the NET ratings and how many B1G teams (including Illinois) are in or near the top 50, there will be Quad 1 and 2 games aplenty for teams across the conference. The only B1G teams outside the top 50 are Northwestern and Nebraska who are ranked somewhere in the 170s in NET ratings so Illinois should be fine so long as they don't lose to either of those teams.

We have to shoot better, or it will be very bad season. The shots we are getting aren't bad and we have shooters, the ball just needs to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.