Pregame: Illinois vs Purdue, Sunday, January 5th, 7:00pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight is one of the bigger games of the BU era for ILLINI and BU. This could set up to crash our season if this game is lost.....
I don't know how big this game is in the scope of things, but it will be one of the better barometers of where we are at and where we're going.

Generally:

Painter>>>>BU
UI talent>>>>PU talent
PU intensity>>>>UI intensity

Toss up for me.

Yes, we are a bad 3 pt shooting team. But against MSU we took 28 of them. That number needs to be under 20 and ideally around 12.

We were 1-11 from 3 against Michigan, but scored 71 pts. Why? Because we attacked relentlessly and never settled. I think that's what we see again today.

I'm not feeling very optimistic for a win tonight. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Coming off the bench cold, trying to get into the game against those already warmed up and then hit 3s is not a simple task. I say let's give AG a chance to start and see what we get. Coming off the bench to play D and rebound (DMW) is much easier.
I hear you....but IMO it shouldn't matter when you get on the floor...you are either a knock down shooter or not.

All that said, I like AG and his energy and hops...he is scrappy. I believe he will improve his % over time, but the hypothesis: ..'...starting him will make his shots go down ...' seems like a stretch. JMO. But I'm all for giving him starter minutes and starts.

Yes, we are a bad 3 pt shooting team. But against MSU we took 28 of them. That number needs to be under 20 and ideally around 12.

We were 1-11 from 3 against Michigan, but scored 71 pts. Why? Because we attacked relentlessly and never settled. I think that's what we see again today.

Against Michigan GB and KC were not 5 for 22.

I am sure we will win this one....we are very well at "dapping" people up, coming off the bench?

Hail to the Chief! My first avatar. Those of you young fellas that never saw the halftime with him being honored really missed out! LETS BEAT Purdue! I dont care how lets just do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.