Pregame: Illinois vs Quincy (Exhibition), Monday, November 7th, 7:30pm CT

Hamilton County, IN
Plus Quincy's head coach was a long time assistant at Drake before he came to Quincy. I would imagine he had the guys ready to play against his old school.

Illini set to welcome well-traveled Quincy for exhibition

"They have the opportunity to play three exhibition games so anytime they can grab one, they do," Illini coach Bruce Weber said. "It's a little jammed up. It's going to make for quite a road trip for them. It's a great experience for their kids. They have so many young guys - nine or 10 freshmen and quite a few Illinois kids."

One of those in-state recruits happens to be Weber's nephew, redshirt freshman Austin Weber, a 6-foot-6 guard who is the son of Bruce Weber's brother, Dave Weber, the head coach at Glenbrook North High School.

Tupper
Klee on Quincy exhibition

Klee

Austin Weber ready to take on Uncle Bruce

"I don't really think it's sunk in at the moment," Austin said. "It's an awesome experience, but it's also a tough experience. Growing up, I've been in those stands cheering for Illinois, hoping they're going to do well. I can't cheer. And, it's my uncle.

"It's just going to be a great family experience. I can't wait. It's something you live for in college basketball."

Scott Powers

I expect great things from the new batch of Illini this season. They don't have the motivation problems of yesteryear and are hardworking, tough and physical. I believe they will progress very quickly and be competitive in all their games. In fact, I pick them to finish #2 in the Big Ten and make it to the round of 16 in NCAA tournament. Wayne State and Quincy games are not really good evaluators of the Illini as this is still at experimental stage. Still, I like what I see so far and believe Quincy will be run out of the gym tonight. Hopefully everyone outside Langford plays and contributes.

The Brock kid, if remember correctly was a ton (no joke meant) in high school. Looks like he started at Eastern. Don't think they will be great but I sure hope we don't overlook them. Think about this board if we should ever happen to lose an exhibition (it does happen - ask Izzo)

Former Krush Cow
South Bend, IN
I'm waiting for a game I can actually go to. First last week and now tonight. School is killing me. I hope to see some more positives from everyone, as well as a deep deep rotation to see everyone play a little bit more before we get really solidified in the line up.

Hamilton County, IN
The Brock kid, if remember correctly was a ton (no joke meant) in high school. Looks like he started at Eastern. Don't think they will be great but I sure hope we don't overlook them. Think about this board if we should ever happen to lose an exhibition (it does happen - ask Izzo)
Brock is tough. But he is a lot slower than he was in HS. Knee injury will do that. And I would say the 6'8 is a little generous and the 240 is a little light. At least when I saw him this summer.