Admin
Illinois vs Rutgers
Saturday, January 11th
11:00am CT
BTN

:illinois:

illinihawk16

Chicago
After beating Purdue and @Wisconsin, this would be a classic letdown game...but Rutgers is playing really well this year and should have our attention.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
A win puts us in the top 3 in the B1G and probably gets us top 25 votes, and gets us back into bracketology. Big game.
Oh yeah, and it matches last season's win total. BIG GAME.

haasi

New York
Up to 30 on Kenpom. RUTGERS RUTGERS RUTGERS

Rutgers shoots the 3 just as bad as we do. But at home we generally shoot it better. We have the size to clog the lane. Rutgers is definitely improved, but this can't be a loss.

That being said, if Rutgers wins they will get ranked for the first time since 1979. That has to be a huge motivator for them right? I know coaches like to say don't worry about rankings, but it's different when you haven't been ranked in 40 years.

So if we beat Rutgers, we will have 3 wins in a row against top Kenpom teams. Does that get us ranked?

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
I'll be predicting a home win on Saturday --- just don't yet know the margin. Tonight was a huge confidence builder. We need to get to 5-2 after our first seven games.

We will not be ranked with a win. Missouri was not long ago. Win 3 out of the next 4 and we should be ranked but really I only care about this game. Rutgers is a good team.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
So if we beat Rutgers, we will have 3 wins in a row against top Kenpom teams. Does that get us ranked?
No, what would've gotten us ranked was wins against Maryland, Miami, and Missouri (and obviously Michigan State). Thankfully we beat Michigan, or I would've thought it was an "M" conspiracy.

This Rutgers game is huge. They are balanced and playing with a huge chip on their shoulders.
Hopefully, momentum carries over in terms of aggression on the defensive end and the inside-out swagger based on the improved 3 point shooting. Defending Kofi if you can't sag off Ayo is huge.

So.

IL beat WI in FB by a point.

IL beats WI in BB by a point.

2 point differential UoI > UW. Got to be some kind of a record.

Rutgers will be without their best player, Geo Baker. He's out for 2 or 3 weeks with a broken thumb in his left/non shooting hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.