Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Rutgers
Saturday, November 2nd
2:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

This game should be for bowl eligibility...that EMU game sucks worse each week.

I think the Wisco win cancels that loss out. The Nebraska loss is the one that stings.

Either way, the path to bowl eligibility is pretty clear. Win your last two home games against bad teams and you go bowling. Everyone on this website should be more than happy that Illinois is in that position now.

Ideal scenario would be winning one of the road games too, but unlikely.

If you really want to bring this program’s recruiting to the next level, you’ll handle your business against Rutgers and then take one of those huge road games. You do that, watch how the kids roll in to sign on with this program. Program changing potential.

I think the Wisco win cancels that loss out. The Nebraska loss is the one that stings.

Either way, the path to bowl eligibility is pretty clear. Win your last two home games against bad teams and you go bowling. Everyone on this website should be more than happy that Illinois is in that position now.

It is clear, which is a whole lot more than could have been said a little over a week ago.

I promise I’m not football expert, so take what I’m about to say with a grain of salt.

After watching the Illini play the last two and half games, and watching the teams we have left on our schedule, there is a definite percentage much greater than 0% that we could win out.

Three weeks ago I would have said the chance we win out the last 4 games would be zero and the chance we “lose out” would have been relatively high.

I promise I’m not football expert, so take what I’m about to say with a grain of salt.

After watching the Illini play the last two and half games, and watching the teams we have left on our schedule, there is a definite percentage much greater than 0% that we could win out.

Three weeks ago I would have said the chance we win out the last 4 games would be zero and the chance we “lose out” would have been relatively high.

If we avenge 63-0 I'll be so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.