Pregame: Illinois vs Rutgers, Saturday, November 2nd, 2:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appologize in advance. I can't find an appropriate thread to post this in. I tried to google it and see nothing. Last I saw was Edwin Carter was cleared to practice in the spring. Did he have a setback? I haven't seen him this year.

I saw Isaiah was hurt again last week and did not travel with the team to Purdue. I hope if we get up big and they bring in some backups, its Matt and Coran that gets snaps. I wish they would just shut Isaiah down for the rest of the year and put him on that Friday Future program I see on twitter. Get some weight on him so he can at least stay on the practice field.
I wonder how much weight he has added since he has been on campus?

I have to agree on Isaiah. The kid really needs the practice field, the film room and the weight room. I don’t know that there is anything to gain by playing him anymore this season if he is struggling through an injury.

I actually don’t think keeping Brandon in for the full length of the game is the worst idea, regardless of the score. He’s only thrown 154 balls this season, he’s essentially missed 2 games, he only got to thrown 6 balls yesterday and his play thus far has clearly shown us a kid who has a lot of development still needed. He’s struggling to diagnose plays, he’s struggling to be decisive with his throws and he’s only got so-so chemistry with WRs not named “Josh”. Brandon has completed just 44% of his passes in Big Ten play. That won’t cut it against MSU, Iowa or NW. It might benefit us more in our drive to 6 if we keep him in there for more reps and more confidence.

The wife and I won’t be able to make Northwestern over the holiday so I think we decided to go this weekend. Where you gonna be at, I’ll buy you a beer?!
Not a hundred percent sure yet, trying to talk the wife into coming with me, I will let you know when I know for sure!

Doesn’t it feel good to still be alive in the division race in November? Granted the chances of winning the division are very slim to none, we still have a shot! I-L-L

Anyone for sunny California for the holidays? From ESPN:

Redbox Bowl
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California
Dec. 30, 4 p.m., Fox

Bonagura: Stanford vs. Illinois”

Texas sounds okay, too.

"Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas
Jan. 4, 11:30 a.m., ESPN

Schlabach: Illinois vs. Air Force"

Let's get 6 wins.... PLEEEEEEEASE!

Deleted member 645583

D
I am so glad we don't have Fitz or the Fleckster as coach; I can't stomach them. And this Indiana coach: I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's hysterical.

I'll take Lovie next year - and beyond, I hope.

We Illini fans don't ask for too much, obviously. A minor bowl game would be quite an achievement this season.

I remember Kurt Kittner and Kompany: beat an Ohio State University and Michigan and got into a minor bowl game and slaughtered Virginia. Set the stage for what was to come.

DO NOT LOOK PAST THE JERSEY BOYS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Redbox Bowl
Dec. 30, 4 p.m., Fox

I swore I'd go to the next bowl game we went to regardless. The cash is in the bank. I'm going and I'm dragging a friend with who promised to go also. Although he's already trying to squirm out of it already (I hope you read this... you know who you are). lol

Deleted member 654622

D

Redbox Bowl
Dec. 30, 4 p.m., Fox

If we go bowling I would love for it to be in Texas somewhere. Company has a handful of railroads down there and might be able to piggy back off a company trip!

Neale Stoner Fan Club

Tailgreat
Chiraq
Hopefully with Dad's Day, momentum and a very beatable opponent, there is a decent crowd. and it's a 2:30 p.m. kickoff so plenty of time to tailgate before the game. BEAT RUTGERS.

Texas sounds okay, too.

"Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas
Jan. 4, 11:30 a.m., ESPN

Schlabach: Illinois vs. Air Force"

Let's get 6 wins.... PLEEEEEEEASE!

IF these matchups were to become true, I’d much rather have the Armed Forces Bowl. We match up a lot better with Air Force defensively. They run the ball, and if we run the same (or a similar) scheme that we ran against Wisconsin, Hansen, Harding, and Eifler would have big games. I like the Betiku matchup on the edge, and Milan should have his way. I watched a small bit of the Air Force game this weekend, and I wasn’t impressed(granted it was all of one possession and the score was 31-7, so take my opinion for a grain of salt) give Lovie a month to prepare for the Triple Option, and I think we have a great shot at winning this. However, for the Redbox Bowl, Stanford should shred our Secondary to bits. I’d love a bowl game period, but out of these two, I’ll take the Armed Forces Bowl 11 times out of 10.
Go Illini!

Anyways, after that little Bowl game post i thought I’d share, we’ve got to focus on going 1-0 this week. This Rutgers team shredded Liberty who has 5 wins on the season, so I wouldn’t take them lightly. Go 1-0 this week, then 1-0 against MSU, 1-0 against Iowa, and 1-0 against the Mildcats! Very happy with the turnaround, but we can’t stop here! I-L-L

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, or the one before? I was in Newman that year, but I don't remember what they did with us. They were fairly flexible if you gave them warning from what I remember re: coming back early if you needed to do so.

A friend and I were talking about this "Rivalry Week" thing and how it's all ESPN-fueled. Because they want Rivalry Week right before championship games, it screws a lot of people out of being able to go to the game. Kids are usually off campus (even if they're living in apartments) to spend time with their family for the holiday and the students who are left aren't often the ones that really care about football since they didn't grow up watching it, so they're unlikely to attend. It leads to a flatter atmosphere than usual for a game like this, which sucks all around.
It has been so long since I have even been in a UIUC dorm...and back in the day, we only played ten games with no bye week. So end of the season was no problem. I do remember shoving everything into our closets when the dorms were rented out during break, but not thanksgiving.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Fall Break Housing Info

"University Housing's undergraduate residence halls close on Saturday, November 23, at 3 p.m. and open Saturday, November 30, at 9 a.m. "

So the dorms will reopen before kickoff of the Northwestern game. Still would expect sparse student attendance, but hopefully better than past years if we're bowl eligible or have a chance at it.

Fall Break Housing Info

"University Housing's undergraduate residence halls close on Saturday, November 23, at 3 p.m. and open Saturday, November 30, at 9 a.m. "

So the dorms will reopen before kickoff of the Northwestern game. Still would expect sparse student attendance, but hopefully better than past years if we're bowl eligible or have a chance at it.

That's great news. I don't believe they have typically done that in the past. You would think some kids would chomp at the bit to get back to campus, though leaving Chicago at 7 a.m. after a Friday night for a college student may not be very likely.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
That's great news. I don't believe they have typically done that in the past. You would think some kids would chomp at the bit to get back to campus, though leaving Chicago at 7 a.m. after a Friday night for a college student may not be very likely.

Fingers crossed for a 2:30 kickoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.