Pregame: Illinois vs Rutgers, Saturday, November 2nd, 2:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illini_1979

Oregon
Why am I nervous about this game? Someone, please ease my stress.
giphy.gif

Chill brother, we got this.

Wasn't sure where else to put this...

Brett McMurphy included the Illini in his latest bowl projections. He has them facing Air Force in the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth. That game is scheduled to take place January 4th, 2020.

After the game start a bowl thread.

Fort Worth eh? :peace:

Wasn't sure where else to put this...

Brett McMurphy included the Illini in his latest bowl projections. He has them facing Air Force in the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth. That game is scheduled to take place January 4th, 2020.

that would be perfect for me assuming an evening Start instead of afternoon.

Why am I nervous about this game? Someone, please ease my stress.

This game brings back horrific memories of the 2008 and 2010 games against Minnesota at home. Both garbage teams, both times playing them for what would have been the possible sixth victory and bowl eligibility, both times blew it. In 2010 they still beat NW to get to that bowl, but 2008 ended up as right there with 2000 and 2002 as disappointing following good seasons.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Texas sounds okay, too.

"Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas
Jan. 4, 11:30 a.m., ESPN

Schlabach: Illinois vs. Air Force"

Let's get 6 wins.... PLEEEEEEEASE!

Would LOVE this. My alma mater vs the team I bleed orange/blue for and have never ending loyalty towards.

I would be happy if either team won, but will be rooting for Illinois.

The last time the 2 played in a major sport was the 2006 (I think) NCAA tourney in which I was one of like 3 freshmen cadets rooting for Illinois in a packed Clune Arena (Air Force’s basketball venue where we watched the game on projector screens).

It was right before a massive training weekend, and let’s just say I singled myself out to all the upper classmen who were about to train us every time I yelled and clapped when Dee hit a three.

Lots of push-ups that weekend for this Illinois fan.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
This game brings back horrific memories of the 2008 and 2010 games against Minnesota at home. Both garbage teams, both times playing them for what would have been the possible sixth victory and bowl eligibility, both times blew it. In 2010 they still beat NW to get to that bowl, but 2008 ended up as right there with 2000 and 2002 as disappointing following good seasons.

2008 Minnesota was an average team. Should've beaten them, but not garbage. The Western Michigan game is what really cost them a bowl that season.

Rutgers is incredibly bad. Years of Illini disappointment has clouded your objectivity. Illinois has shown that we have the defense and running attack to easily win this game. Our guys have great confidence now. There is no doubt we will romp them.

I am certain that Wisconsin thought the same thing:

Illinois is incredibly bad, the lost to EMU and UCONN gave them a tough game. Years of losing to OSU have clouded your objectivity. Wisconsin has shown that we have the defense and running attack to easily win this game. Our guys have great confidence now. There is no doubt we will romp them.

@Twangers Can you tell why Quan seems to have regressed? I mean, last year he was a break out corner, right?

Not really?

I can definitely go in-depth as to what he was not doing well but I really don't know WHY that is. I expected some progression from Quan as a sophomore with his Junior year as my target for true growth and development. I never saw this level of regression coming.

2008 Minnesota was an average team. Should've beaten them, but not garbage. The Western Michigan game is what really cost them a bowl that season.

I stand corrected. Good call. And I could have gone the rest of my life not hearing a reference to that WMU game that year. One of the most pathetic things I have ever seen, including the crowd.

Athlon Sports has us in the Quick Lane Bowl against Pitt, and Sports Illustrated has us in the Redbox Bowl against Arizona State
Just some food for thought and other bowl projections from other sites.

Ideal scenario would be winning one of the road games too, but unlikely.

I disagree. I think we have a solid shot at both games. MSU has hardly scored at all in B1G play and we have a bye week, so 2 weeks to prepare for Iowa, who only beat Purdue at home by 6. Let's go on a run and win 8 games and get in a nice bowl game somewhere warm.

Rutgers hasn’t scored on the road this year. I don’t mean that figuratively as in “they haven’t played good offense in road games.” They literally haven’t scored in three road losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.