Pregame: Illinois vs The Citadel, Wednesday, November 20th, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
giphy (9).gif

Next 3 games are all big time cupcakes. BIG/ACC Challenge game should be good. Thankful that's at home.

Hey Hampton is 2-1 -- though their wins are against Newport News Apprentice and Mid-Atlantic Christian. They do have a player I'd be interested in seeing though -- Jermaine Marrow, but I don't think game is on TV. He's a senior averaging about 30 ppg, 6 apg and 2.5 steals. And is Lindenwood an official game or an exhibition?

Say we win all of our upcoming games up to Miami. Do we have a shot at the AP Poll?

I think if you include a win against Miami in there we have a shot, depending on how other people are looking and if we're still just limping by to a W or if we're stepping on some throats. If we step on a few throats people will quickly forget about the lackluster start and the L to Arizona.

Say we win all of our upcoming games up to Miami. Do we have a shot at the AP Poll?
No way. That second half beating we took @ Arizona will trump winning five in a row to the likes of The Citadel or Lindenwood. If we win out in the rest of the non conference schedule, we could be close when going to Maryland. We have a LONG way to go and a whole lot of improvement needed before we cross that bridge.

Hey Hampton is 2-1 -- though their wins are against Newport News Apprentice and Mid-Atlantic Christian. They do have a player I'd be interested in seeing though -- Jermaine Marrow, but I don't think game is on TV. He's a senior averaging about 30 ppg, 6 apg and 2.5 steals. And is Lindenwood an official game or an exhibition?
Its listed as an exhibition on their website. Can it be an exhibition for them and a game for us? Seems unlikely, but I don't know

No way. That second half beating we took @ Arizona will trump winning five in a row to the likes of The Citadel or Lindenwood. If we win out in the rest of the non conference schedule, we could be close when going to Maryland. We have a LONG way to go and a whole lot of improvement needed before we cross that bridge.

'' bring it back no matter what it takes!

Its listed as an exhibition on their website. Can it be an exhibition for them and a game for us? Seems unlikely, but I don't know
Yes it can and is, if memory serves correctly. We did this a few years back and the stats and win technically counted for our guys while the other team was able to escape without "counting" a loss. Perhaps things have changed in the past 3-4 years...but if they haven't then this is absolutely a game that we count for statistics and overall record (unlike the Lewis game that opened the season).

All guard play from Citadel...if 1 of the 3 primary ones gets in foul trouble....long game for them. 2 main guards 225 bruiser, and a 6'6" guard. I would expect to see Williams and Griffin for defense alot in this game.

I’d say “receiving votes” but not T25 unless we get one of Maryland, Michigan, or Missouri. Maybe two of.
I'd say we need to win 3 out of 4 btwn Miami, Maryland, Michigan and Missouri. With the loss being one of the B1G games. We might crack top 25 by the time actual conference schedule starts then. But again....be careful with all the positive non sense around here :thumb:

As BU said in his most recent interview, we are still a young team, so, just win. 4 more home games to fine tune things.

I'm calling BS on BU's 'young team' label. Kofi is the only starter who is a freshman.

Citadel played at SEMO last night. Illini should roll in this one. Citadel's offensive philosophies will not help them tonight

Deleted member 57255

D
Watched Citadel vs Georgia a few weeks ago here in Athens. I think our pressure will give their guards difficulty. Penetrate and feed Giorgi/Kofi we'll be fine. They do have some sharpshooters. Hoping to see a blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.