Pregame: Illinois vs UNLV, Saturday, December 8th, 1:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make or break? If losing means that we're looking at 6 wins, winning should mean that we're looking at 7.

When you say make or break.....what is your definition of making it?

For me this is a must win just to keep the fan base from completely jumping off the ledge.

You can’t sell the rough schedule excuse anymore if you lose to a rebuilding UNLV team on your home floor.

Last edited:
Make or break? If losing means that we're looking at 6 wins, winning should mean that we're looking at 7.

When you say make or break.....what is your definition of making it?

We won’t have a great season either way obviously, but I feel like winning this game might give them enough confidence to win 12-14 games. Lose and we are looking at a shattered team that might win 6-8 games tops. Not make or break in the traditional sense just kind of a totally stink vs. kind of stink outcome.

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
We won’t have a great season either way obviously, but I feel like winning this game might give them enough confidence to win 12-14 games. Lose and we are looking at a shattered team that might win 6-8 games tops. Not make or break in the traditional sense just kind of a totally stink vs. kind of stink outcome.

Well put.

Just got my tickets for the game. This is my first 1st basketball game but I have been to a football game. Is the parking the same for both?

Must. Win.

Not really, the season's pretty much over. Prior to the Maui I thought the predictions of where the Illini would finish in the Big 10 were wrong and they would be a middle of the pack team which could, if they got a few breaks, sneak into the NCAA. That would of made it an exciting season. The only thing I want now is to steal a win from Missouri.

If you dont know what he did how can you argue the punishment?
This 100%. I get that we all want to win, and we want our program to be good again, but if the staff deems a kid did something worth 4 games or more to think about it, then he needs to sit 4 games. I don't care if he's "playing behind" Tyler, Samson, or some kid they pulled over from the ARC if he can't follow the rules everyone else follows, that's on him not our staff.

We need a win really bad...but not at the cost of integrity. Of course most of this board will disagree with everything I just typed...

Deleted member 746094

D
This 100%. I get that we all want to win, and we want our program to be good again, but if the staff deems a kid did something worth 4 games or more to think about it, then he needs to sit 4 games. I don't care if he's "playing behind" Tyler, Samson, or some kid they pulled over from the ARC if he can't follow the rules everyone else follows, that's on him not our staff.

We need a win really bad...but not at the cost of integrity. Of course most of this board will disagree with everything I just typed...

I agree that BU’s main job is to instill discipline and set an example for these young men that goes beyond basketball. Without knowing what he is suspended for we shouldn’t question the length of the suspension.

That being said. Unless TJ met his future wife here or comes off suspension and everything clicks and he starts earning significant playing time....”He gone!”

Atgers

Birmingham, AL
Yeah, it doesn't look like the "two years to the pros plan" that they sold him on is working out. Who could have foreseen that?

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
have the refs names been released yet for this game ?

Saying that there is integrity in college basketball is laughable

Deleted member 8632

D
likewise, how can you defend the suspension if you don't know?
Pretty simple. I trust BU isn't "over punishing" a player for no reason. I dont need to know what he did to justify whether the suspension fits the action. Also, for anyone to conclude this is the beginning of the end for TJ is soooo loyalty.

Pretty simple. I trust BU isn't "over punishing" a player for no reason. I dont need to know what he did to justify whether the suspension fits the action. Also, for anyone to conclude this is the beginning of the end for TJ is soooo loyalty.
well, BU has done nothing for me to "trust" him yet, and if you cant see the pattern developing at Illinois right now you might need an eye exam

Jones' suspension may be DIA induced due to a violation of UI athletic code. As a result of the violation he may have to sit out 25% of the season, thus a 7-8 game suspension.

Saying that there is integrity in college basketball is laughable

To use a phrase from Alan Simpson's eulogy of GHW Bush....those in college basketball that travel the moral highway are not bothered with a lot of traffic

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Need a win. Have to staunch the "flesh wound." Yeah, I know, penetrating observation.

Deleted member 8632

D
Jones' suspension may be DIA induced due to a violation of UI athletic code. As a result of the violation he may have to sit out 25% of the season, thus a 7-8 game suspension.
So there is a possibility the length of the suspension may not be BU's decision??? This could significantly impact the narrative of some on this board;)

So there is a possibility the length of the suspension may not be BU's decision??? This could significantly impact the narrative of some on this board;)

My guess is no. I bet it’s four games and it’s standard for the violation. Jmho.

well Tyler, I'm glad you found this message board and enjoy posting

Status
Not open for further replies.