Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs UNLV
Saturday, December 8th
1:00pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

Really need a win under their belt. Hasn’t been a feel good story for them in a while

Konnie

Western Suburbs
I hope Trent is able to play this game.

Why exactly are we favored against UNLV? I was at that game last year and they just completely out-atheletic'ed us. (yeah, I know its not a word). IMO the game really wasn't as close as the final score indicated. Did UNLV lose a bunch of players to graduation/transfer? If not, I think they'll have our number again this year.

Deleted member 645583

D
I think this one absolutely is the make/break for the season. Win and maybe, just maybe we can string some wins together. Lose and you are looking at a 6 win season.
Yes. If Illini don't get a few more wins, they will be one of the worst teams in Illinois history. Please don't let that happen.

I will be very happy if Fightings beat Missouri, though. That's the Illini b-ball version of a bowl game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Konnie

Western Suburbs
Trent took a bad fall in last nights game. He was helped off the court but did come back to play. He took a jump shot that was very short so I assume he has a pretty bad bruise and hopefully that is all,

Any win is a good win for Illinois basketball this year. We have a chance to get some wins the next couple weeks and need to get them. Wins are going to be hard to come by in the Big 10 need to get these next three games and try to build some momentum.

Yes. If Illini don't get a few more wins, they will be one of the worst teams in Illinois history. Please don't let that happen.

I will be very happy if Fightings beat Missouri, though. That's the Illini b-ball version of a bowl game.

That will be a real battle of the featherweights. They are as bad as we are.

Okay, I'm finally over my post-Wednesday depression to the point that I can comment on this game. I hate to be dramatic, but ... this is kind of a must-win for the trajectory of the program, no? We'll probably still draw a good crowd given how few home games there have been and that it's on a Saturday, and we NEED to provide Illini fans with even the smallest shimmer of hope after this 2-7 start. 2-8 with a 2-2 record at SFC (with the two losses coming against both teams with a pulse) is disastrous, and Underwood needs to show your average fan something to keep some faith in this rebuild project.

Brandon Mccoy, Jovan Mooring, and Jordan Johnson left, that was basically 3 out of 4 top players from last year, though our old friend Juirston is still there. They are probably a borderline top 125 team. Take from that what you want, considering where you think we fall.

Line should be IL +7, maybe 8. I'm assuming Trent is healthy, though. I would drop the line if not.

As far as 'trajectory', I don't think any game is relevant this season, sad to say. I think the challenge this year is keeping the team motivated and believing they can improve and win games. Not convinced that will happen. I've never personally experienced a team/program that has developed a culture of losing like Illinois has, but it takes some strong-willed players, talent, and coaching to right the ship. If these guys could run the offense for 5 minutes, I would set up tvs all over the locker room and run it on loop. They need to believe in themselves.

This is a game that on paper we should win, but not one we're likely to blow out. I'll take any win at this point.

This should be the start of a 4 game winning streak. Need this win badly. Very very badly.

Dan

Admin
Trent Frazier practiced today & he is cleared to play tomorrow after getting a few X-rays yesterday. He has a bruised tailbone. More specifically described by Trent..

“I have a bruised right butt cheek right now.”

https://twitter.com/DPiper247/

Trent's a warrior. Think I might have him take the last shot even if he's in a wheel chair on the sidelines.

Dan

Admin
#Illini freshman Tevian Jones remains suspended for tomorrow's game against UNLV, per Underwood.

Jones was first suspended last week due to a violation of team rules. He's missed three games already (ND, Nebraska and OSU).

https://twitter.com/ETFisher24/

UNLV turns the ball over a lot (24.1%; bottom 10 in the NCAA). Illinois should feast on that. Doesn't matter what % you shoot if you only shoot 70% of the time you have the ball.

Deleted member 29907

D
Trent Frazier practiced today & he is cleared to play tomorrow after getting a few X-rays yesterday. He has a bruised tailbone. More specifically described by Trent..

“I have a bruised right butt cheek right now.”

https://twitter.com/DPiper247/

Hope it really is a cheek and not the tailbone (had one of those once - not fun and long to heal)

Wonder what is going on with Jones? Suspension length is up to the coach. Coaches definitely have to establish rules and have players adhere to them, but 4 games seems like a long suspension. However, i don't know what the reason is. I hope this young man is tough.

He is traveling with the team, and I think it was reported he was practicing with the team. Seems like an awful long suspension for the purported violation.

Deleted member 236589

D
I think this one absolutely is the make/break for the season. Win and maybe, just maybe we can string some wins together. Lose and you are looking at a 6 win season.
Make or break? If losing means that we're looking at 6 wins, winning should mean that we're looking at 7.

When you say make or break.....what is your definition of making it?

Status
Not open for further replies.