Pregame: Illinois vs USF, Saturday, September 15th, 2:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have do so in a contained manner however - Barnett scrambled well against GT and got 91 yds off of 16 attempts.
I hope we spy Barnett with Hansen or even switching up but somone has to stay home and hopefully get some 3&outs.A lot less penalties would be welcome also!

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO

Wow......we gave up 680 yds to USF offense last year; 376 on the ground and 304 passing. I think we'll do better than that on Saturday. USF defense is very suspect as they gave up 602 yds. to Georgia Tech last week, compared to USF's 426 yds. of offense. The difference in that game was turnovers....3 by GT vs. 1 by USF.

Don't turnover the ball (like we didn't against WIU) and we win 31-28.

Moderately relevant: Does anyone know if there will be beer sold at the game? Not sure if the university has some say in it or not. Last time I was at a college game at soldier field I hadn't ripened enough to need to ask this question.

Moderately relevant: Does anyone know if there will be beer sold at the game? Not sure if the university has some say in it or not. Last time I was at a college game at soldier field I hadn't ripened enough to need to ask this question.

As I recall they sold beer at the Washington game in 2014 and the Northwestern game in 2015.

Wow......we gave up 680 yds to USF offense last year; 376 on the ground and 304 passing. I think we'll do better than that on Saturday. USF defense is very suspect as they gave up 602 yds. to Georgia Tech last week, compared to USF's 426 yds. of offense. The difference in that game was turnovers....3 by GT vs. 1 by USF.

Don't turnover the ball (like we didn't against WIU) and we win 31-28.

Setting a low bar predicting giving up less than 680 yards in the game

They had absolutely no QB last year. Now they have two that can play.

I get being a pessimist gets old, but we've seen two guys play against a bottom tier MAC and an FCS team. Sure, they are almost definitely better than anyone we had last year (or since Nathan), but that doesn't instantly change us from a terrible team. We have been historically bad. If The Tampa Bay Whatever wants to call us a terrible FBS team, theres no factual event we arent--yet. Beating USF would go a long way to becoming bad instead of terrible.

Oskee67

Champaign
I've always thought it'd be a good idea to play up the Bears connection and go B/B/W for these Soldier Field games. Oh well.

Given the historical connections between both programs (not least of which our current head coach) and the fact that the Bears are Navy and Orange because of the Illini, it is truly curious why we wouldn't wear the traditional b/b/w at Soldier Field.

I read
where I believe beer sales start at 12:30 so yes 👍🏻

SKane

Tennessee
Not a good look on your football program when your opponent hopes they don't get caught in a so called "trap" game - meaning we know our opponent sucks and we're going to try out best to stay focused.

It is similar to being the team that other teams play on the weekend that they choose to be their Homecoming Weekend.

t7nich

Central IL
Yes, we have better QB situation this year (which helps a ton) and USF isn’t as good as last year. But they are still ahead of us, and our D will have lots of trouble keeping up with their playmakers.

38-17 USF

Hope I’m wrong.

Sorry to change the mary jane convo but why the heck did Scott Van Pelt predict that Illinois would cover and possibly win tomorrow? Does he know something we don't? I'm still sticking with a loss by the 17-24 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.