Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)
2:30pm CT
Tickets
BTN

Line: USF -9.5

:illinois:

foby

Bonnaroo Land
We can score on them......just not sure if we can keep them from scoring more than we do.

We really NEED all 5 suspended players back as well as Smalling. Williams, Hobbs and Pate would make a huge difference and Green and Dorsey are probably our best downfield threats currently

We really NEED all 5 suspended players back as well as Smalling. Williams, Hobbs and Pate would make a huge difference and Green and Dorsey are probably our best downfield threats currently
Given that Smalling has been in a boot, don't count on this.

Really hope the suspensions lift, though. I think there's a chance Lovie keeps them out until conference season.

I heard the suspensions will be three weeks so this game will not be very winnable. #NotAnInsider. That being said I am looking forward seeing how the offense does against much better competition.

58-14 USF

Still have a very young team

I hope I am wrong. But you all are calling for us to keep it as close against USF (2-0, beat Ga Tech) as we did against an 0-1 FCS team today.... We just aren't there yet in my humble opinion. But I think we continue to grow each week

I hope I am wrong. But you all are calling for us to keep it as close against USF (2-0, beat Ga Tech) as we did against an 0-1 FCS team today.... We just aren't there yet in my humble opinion. But I think we continue to grow each week

So hard to predict without knowing who is playing. USF had a tough physical win vs Ga Tech today so I could see them coming in a bit flat. However, after watching them today they are clearly more physical and athletic than us

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
Between injuries and suspensions, this team is gonna go toasted next week.

I don't think the same Illinois team you saw against Western plays against USF. Have you been looking at who played today and who sat out? Or are you just looking at the final scores?

Deleted member 716187

D
This team is not ready to play a real team. Its going to be ugly. 52-7

I don't think we win, but I think we keep it within 2 TDs if Smalling is back. USF had a big win today, but a couple of things:

1. They returned 2 kicks for TDs. That's unlikely to happen again.

2. They were playing at home

3. GT's starting QB got hurt during the game

I expect us to play with a lot of intensity, especially early. We'll need to have some major breaks to pull off a win, but I'm confident we'll compete. My prediction is USF 35-24

I expect us to play with a lot of intensity, especially early. We'll need to have some major breaks to pull off a win, but I'm confident we'll compete. My prediction is USF 35-24

We played with intensity at the start of the second half in the first game and the second quarter in the second. Can we bring it from the opening kickoff against USF?

I hope we get the ball to start the game and the first play is a run for 15 yards.

Unless we have a bunch of players back from suspension and injury. Especially Bennett and Hobbs. This will be really ugly.
USF 51 U of I 6.
That is my conservative guess 68-6 wouldn't shock me.

Deleted member 631370

D
The atmosphere will be akin to a library, so there's only a marginal home field advantage -- if any.

We have a huge talent deficit, and we're not even remotely as big or athletic as they are.

45-17, USF.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
I don't think we win, but I think we keep it within 2 TDs if Smalling is back. USF had a big win today, but a couple of things:

1. They returned 2 kicks for TDs. That's unlikely to happen again.

2. They were playing at home

3. GT's starting QB got hurt during the game

As for #3, putting him back in the game may have led to their demise. The Oliver kid had 3 TDs in the 3rd, and was leading them up and down the field with ease. GT had a 10 point lead when they switched back. That's neither here nor there I guess, but since it seems you actually saw them play, you know the game will be closer than most think.

Since when is USF on the same level as Ohio State and Michigan? 59-14?? 68-6?? WOW.

Let's bring it down a little.

USF 38 ILL 21

foby

Bonnaroo Land
I was thinking more like 49-34. More of a shootout than a blow out.

Sorry, I meant this is much closer than the others (could not edit my post above), although I really think the margin will be 11 or less (or even a very close win squeaked out).

Status
Not open for further replies.