Pregame: Illinois vs Western Illinois, Saturday, September 8th, 6:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly WIU fan here. I know that you never really know year-to-year, but last year we beat down Illinois State in Normal 31-14. So, I wouldn't really say that we're not at ISU's level. Doesn't really mean much for this weekend's game, but I just wanted to point that out.

Thanks for droppin' in!

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Friendly WIU fan here. I know that you never really know year-to-year, but last year we beat down Illinois State in Normal 31-14. So, I wouldn't really say that we're not at ISU's level. Doesn't really mean much for this weekend's game, but I just wanted to point that out.

Hope the Illini don't take the Leathernecks lightly. I know I'm not.

Guys I just heard from a buddy regarding smalling's boot situation and he said it doesn't look good

122341-e-olive-0.jpg

This game is no gimme. Hopefully, the first half will be played somewhat better.

I predicted a big win last week and we got derailed early, but even with the suspensions, injuries, and general noise, I gotta think we still cover.

ILL- 33
W-ILL- 17

Well, this week I am prepared for us to be behind at halftime. Adjustments, wearing the opponent down, and maybe a bit of luck lead to a 10 or so point victory.

My guess is we run a lot, with a few passes to keep them honest.

Since the weather forecast calls for C-U to be soaked all day and all night, does one suppose that I may be the only one the stands? Perhaps. And given the forecast, that presupposes the running game. So we probably don't need Mr. Smalling for this one. But that's OK. Run-only runs the clock. A game in a constant downpour with no replay reviews I should be out of there in under 2 hours.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Since the weather forecast calls for C-U to be soaked all day and all night, does one suppose that I may be the only one the stands? Perhaps. And given the forecast, that presupposes the running game. So we probably don't need Mr. Smalling for this one. But that's OK. Run-only runs the clock. A game in a constant downpour with no replay reviews I should be out of there in under 2 hours.

Be prepared to answer the old Zen koan: what is the sound of one fan clapping?

No one park in the grass tomorrow unless you want to be hung up in the mud.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO

Kinda sorry to hear that's the forecast. Was hoping to see the OL get more work on pass protection. Thought it left a lot to be desired against KS and it's going to be a challenge with a QB that looked like he was only comfortable throwing while moving to his left. Will be interesting to see what the staff decides to work on in that weather. Oh, and please, please, please, no more injuries!

If we pull this one out, it might be our last win of the season, based solely on what we saw last week. I hope not, but I'm going to enjoy any win we can get at this point.

Deleted member 29907

D
Calling a 14-28 win for the good guys. I think we are the 2nd half team. Would help if Smallings is good to go - but I think we can open up the playbook a bit more and our 3 backs can wear them down. (does this need to be in orange font?)

If we pull this one out, it might be our last win of the season, based solely on what we saw last week. I hope not, but I'm going to enjoy any win we can get at this point.
I sadly agree with this

Deleted member 716187

D
I think WIU is a better team than Kent State. Hopefully they are not taken lightly and we dont see another half like the 1st half of last week. I think we pull out an unimpressive 24-14 win for our final win of the year.

Week 1 to week 2 is supposed to be the biggest improvement. With the weather how it’s looking i wonder how much improvement we’ll axtually be able to see, outside of run offense and run defense effectiveness.

Deleted member 10959

D
Trying to decide whether to make the long drive from Lake County for the game. What is the latest weather prediction?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Trying to decide whether to make the long drive from Lake County for the game. What is the latest weather prediction?

We are here right now and it’s gonna be drizzly if not rainy all day. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for only drizzly by game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.