Purdue 63, Illinois 58 POSTGAME

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:
Baltimore, MD
most frustrating game of the season for me. so many disappeared when we needed them most

So many scorers with so much potential with no offensive scheme to get them looks. Also the refs were brutal, way worse than I expected.

Bloomington
most frustrating game of the season for me. so many disappeared when we needed them most
Yup, it really is just sad. I'm not mad or frustrated, just sad.

Really sad Ray won't ever see the tourney. Rayvonte Rice will never see the NCAA tourney folks.

Winterset,IA
So sad. Never responded in the second half...

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
Why's everyone counting us out of the tourney? We'll still be on the bubble if we beat UM and lose to UW. Lunardi's the only one saying we're eliminated with a loss.

Honestly the worst game I have experienced in years. If we aren't going to make the tournament, I would decline the NIT, I'm sick of watching this team in the NIT. If we lose to Michigan I don't even know what I'll do.

Hopefully the committee can recognize our top wins and give us the nod over teams like Purdue who lose to every good team and handle the middling teams better than us.

Bloomington
Why's everyone counting us out of the tourney? We'll still be on the bubble if we beat UM and lose to UW. Lunardi's the only one saying we're eliminated with a loss.
Bubble is shrinking much faster than I expected.

I really think we'd need two BTT wins to make the tourney.

But let's be realistic, our team is not really a tournament team. We don't have anything which we beat another team with, really. When teams get physical and go into winning mode against us, we don't have the athletes to respond.

Tampa, FL
What an absolute turd of a game. You could box this one up and sell it as an instructional DVD on how not to play basketball or officiate.

Spokane, WA
So disappointing to watch. Dunno if beating Michigan and playing Wisconsin close will be good enough for the NCAA.

Nunn just flat out missed a lot of open looks and short-range shots. Same thing with Egwu.

Tate had an absolutely terrible game. He needs to actually go up for a layup a few more times instead of throwing it away under the hoop.

Hill had a terrible game, but I think he is clearly frustrated by all the physical defense and/or fouling that other teams have been employing on him.

Morgan looked like he was hungover.

Ray Rice is a man.

Referees were turrible!!!!! It reminded me of a Big Ten game from 10 years ago.

I don't care what happens but lord don't let us go to Bloomington for first round of NIT.

Alabama
There are several saying we have to win at least two in the BTT to have any chance.

Spokane, WA
There are several saying we have to win at least two in the BTT to have any chance.
Yeah, I think that's clearly not true. We have a chance with one win, but I wouldn't feel good about it.

Win two, though, which means beating Wisconsin, and I'd think Illinois would be a near lock.

I really think we'd need two BTT wins to make the tourney.

But let's be realistic, our team is not really a tournament team. We don't have anything which we beat another team with, really. When teams get physical and go into winning mode against us, we don't have the athletes to respond.
This is true. We're simply not a good team. Again.

My only hope is that the returning players can see how EVERY game is crucial. They shouldn't have been put in the situation where they needed a win @ Purdue. We needed to beat much less talented teams like Michigan and Nebraska. It sucks that we just needed one more.

Evansville, IN
Purdue is bad.

They will not represent the B1G proudly in the big dance.

Logan Square, Chicago
We're in OUR NCAA tourney now. Win, advance. Lose, go home.