Purdue 73, Illinois 56 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

Last edited:

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
giphy.gif

No one in double figures and Giorgi's fewest points since November. Oh well. We'll have better games.

Deleted member 236589

D
Need more height, need more depth and need more capable shooters.

Haarms was awesome. We had no answer. They have 8 or 9 good players. We have 3 or 4 with some others that could grow into it.

Is Haarms going to be around 4 years....I hope he averages 25 and 15 the rest of the year and leaves.

Nobody got going tonight, tied at 48 all, we don't have good spacing and cuts. Teams are game planning against GB and Ayo better, we need to get Frazier more alpha time. Gotta kick out more on worthless drives.

Last edited:
Does this game change anyone's outlook of where this team will be next year?
No? Then, there's no reason to be upset with this or any other game left in the regular season. It's all about next year. Bring on Kofi, bring on another year of experience. We will be top 5 in B1G next year if Kofi is half what Giorgi has been this year.

Was thinking the same thing. If we lose enough games in the next 3 games finish bottom of the bigten. Then I'd be very worried. Feel like it might have washed away those 4 games. Differently would make me question where we are going. So still wait and see. Go Illini

I'm about sick of this. We lost to #14 on the road. We lost at home to a good Penn State team that just beat Maryland. These 2 losses don't negate the progress we've made. Quit jumping off a bridge when we lose to GOOD teams.

Deleted member 6376

D
Start of the second half was ridiculous. Brad did not have them ready. Had to dig out of holes all night.

I will repeat: Did we or did we not have not have not 1 but 2 seven footers sitting on the bench all night?
It is somewhat head scratching that Kane and ADLR played maybe one minute between them but if we are going to front harms he is going to kill us on offensive boards no matter who we put out there. Our defensive formula did not work all that well. Nor our offense either once the threes quit going in.

You do have to wonder why ADLR couldn't see the floor at all. Haarms destroyed us.

This was all I could think about when Haarms started really going to town on us and the announcers were talking about our small lineups we run.

I'm about sick of this. We lost to #14 on the road. We lost at home to a good Penn State team that just beat Maryland. These 2 losses don't negate the progress we've made. Quit jumping off a bridge when we lose to GOOD teams.
I clearly said wait and see. But you can't tell me if we end this season bottom of the bigten and Don't do anything in the tourney there isn't a reason to have concerns? Plus you can add in the comments made by Trent that are clearly a sign of all the losing. Its been preached as culture change here. So I'll still be here waiting. Like I always say, always next year go Illini!!!

We need Kofi!
My concern with Kofi and Giorgi is that BU will not play them at the same time. Would like to see Giorgi play some 4 this year to get a taste with adonis or Kane on the floor but BU appears reluctant for some reason. Wants them to stay out of Foul trouble, blah blah he just played kipper at the 5 for half a game. Could help in games where the other team is out rebounding us?? Get Giorgi in some smaller players for some different defensive looks???