Purdue 91, Illinois 68 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]wuFlxQzLkiI[/YOUTUBE]

this-is-fine-illini.jpg

Last edited:
Less than a minute to go. Guess we'll hold them under 100. Have to beat Michigan in Ann Arbor to maintain a shred of tournament hope. I'm anticipating a close loss.

Less than a minute to go. Guess we'll hold them under 100. Have to beat Michigan in Ann Arbor to maintain a shred of tournament hope. I'm anticipating a close loss.

We need 8-2 from here. I like the ROS schedule but good god was this ugly.

All this about making tournament. If we did (which we won't) we would be enbarrased in the first round and potentially justify yet another year of Groce. This is not what Illini basketball is all about. Groce has successfully turned our program into a bottom feeder in the Big 10

More sad than angry. A great program died such a slow, painful death that many of our own fans probably don't still hold it to its potential. We need to move on, especially with JW making the new hire. I can't see how that isn't crystal clear.

Deleted member 547530

D
If you are DJW do you even show up at practice tomorrow? Only bright spot is letting some of the young guys play. Who would have thought MM may be our best player

Bailey

Los Angeles
This game should make for an interesting film session. Was there a single positive?

Unbelievable. Another night-competitive defenseless debacle. Another embarrassment. How could anyone not acknowledge serious problems?

Can someone explain what offense we are running or trying to run? All I see is a big come up to give a pick which fails because he takes off too early but since there was no contact, the defenders stay on their guys. The pg barely moves, and sometimes, he will pass it around several times which typically ends up in some forced shot and miss. Our defense is simply atrocious, and I can't tell if it's due to lack of athleticism or lack of help defense or just not being aware, which is sad because I think our players are fairly talented. Are they just not as good as I think they are (or could be) or are they not being utilized how they should?

Can someone explain what offense we are running or trying to run? All I see is a big come up to give a pick which fails because he takes off too early but since there was no contact, the defenders stay on their guys. The pg barely moves, and sometimes, he will pass it around several times which typically ends up in some forced shot and miss. Our defense is simply atrocious, and I can't tell if it's due to lack of athleticism or lack of help defense or just not being aware, which is sad because I think our players are fairly talented. Are they just not as good as I think they are (or could be) or are they not being utilized how they should?

No, you seem to have our offense down pretty well.

Tracy now averaging 24 minutes, 6.3 ppg, and 1 ast in nine games against P5 competition. He's 1-19 (5%) from the 3pt line and shooting 24% overall from the field in conference play. Also shooting 50% from the free throw stripe in B1G games.

Before the season, I expected him to play poorly due to the achilles injury and time away from the court. In the non-conference season I was shocked at his performance. Now, just sad that it was a mirage. He and Tate are possibly the two worst P5 point guards in the country.

EJ33

San Francisco
According to Tupper Whitman was at the game. He can't be happy about this:

The Purdue fans are laughing at the #Illini and who can blame them. Boilers now up by 25, 71-46.