Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]YnoM4zxvCTs[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]GBX101sZuA8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Deleted member 631370

D
Love the way the team fought.

Leron is absolutely feeling it. He's going to have a monster senior season.

Great to see Damonte play well.

Freshmen had some killer mistakes down the stretch. Ebo with the soft hands and then a silly foul. Trent jacks up a silly three. Mark Smith with a careless pass and some needless fouls.

Anyway, much closer than I expected. Not going to beat a team like Purdue without more production from your starting 2/3 guys, though.

chief78

Florida
Great effort by the Illini. Without a career night by Carson, Illini win this game imo.

Deleted member 631370

D
Feel like I've heard this before. :(

I only caught the latter bits of the game......what was Alstork's deal? Just not playing?

He and Smith combined for 3 points. That has been a killer combination. Anyway, looking forward to getting Ayo into that position next year.

We are getting better. Love the effort tonight. Once again though a lack of production from AJ, Alstork, Kipper and Finke is frustrating. This one was winnable; I’m a believer that we are closer than some may think.

Hell of a game from our guys and Purdue really. Good to see the fight and will for entire game and good to see Leron continue his roll.

Frazier came on strong in the 2nd
Williams best game of the year.
Smith gained some more confidence, late mistakes
Lucas really played well imo, good to see this
Kipper...doghouse again?
Finke non factor, will be the rest of the year imo.
Jordan needs to add more next year
Alstork defense again, not much more.

I am actually looking forward to the B1G MSG tourney...think we could pull of a shocker or two if Black/Frazier and one other each game carry us.

Last year, with a better record and MH to watch I still stopped watching by this point of the season. This team plays like I want an Illinois team to play, except for the end result.

Great game by a lot of players. Leron is a beast. Mark Smith is turning it on. Trent Frazier is incredible.

TJL played much better than tonights stats will reflect.

Same for Damonte.

So hope they can take some of this play with them to Rutgers & the B1G tournament.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Some help for Frazier and Black would really go a long way. Too easy to focus on only those two at the end of close games.

Illinifan1951

Southeastern Illinois
Great effort tonight. Hopefully it will continue through the Big Ten tourney. Just wonder how much practice time Purdue uses to learn how to whine to the referees like their coach does?

Wonder what would of happened if almost all of Alstorks minutes this year went to DW and AJ

Deleted member 631370

D
Some help for Frazier and Black would really go a long way. Too easy to focus on only those two at the end of close games.

Ayo will help immediately.

Either Smith or Damonte need to develop into a reliable scoring option at the 2/3 position.

And we need to add another 4/5 that can score and defend adequately.

Do that, and we might have a fighting chance next year.

Love the way the team fought.

Leron is absolutely feeling it. He's going to have a monster senior season.

Great to see Damonte play well.

Freshmen had some killer mistakes down the stretch. Ebo with the soft hands and then a silly foul. Trent jacks up a silly three. Mark Smith with a careless pass and some needless fouls.

Anyway, much closer than I expected. Not going to beat a team like Purdue without more production from your starting 2/3 guys, though.

50 minutes combined for Alstork, Smith, & Finke and a total of 5 points.

Free throws and that Carson kid were the differences. They shot 31 to our 10.

In B1G play, the difference between the defensive FTR for teams 1-13 is smaller than 13-14. I generally feel embarrassed about whining re: the refs, but that's a whole season of getting properly rogered.

Hopefully, the refs will all forget that they're supposed to call the games that way by the time next year rolls around.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Someone posted in the game thread that the bald headed ref has killed us all year and I CONCUR COMPLETELY.

Entertaining game and great effort by the Illini....We need some production from the cast of MS ,MA, AJ and MF....TF and LB can't do it alone....DW and TJL had great games and I see a lot to be optimistic about the Illini going forward...

We have improved as a team even in the losses and are playing as hard or harder than any Illini team in memory ....

The ft disparity is alarming and I saw many fouls not called on pee U and we still get the touch fouls called on us...as always playing pee U is hand to hand combat and they never get called for half the fouls they commit.....

Looks like Underwood gets his $25 grand attendance bonus. I hope he does something creative with it.

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Losses are still no fun, but it’s nice to notice progress. The defense is still bad, but I think we may have been making a concerted effort to not foul tonight. Not the worst strategy, if that was indeed the plan.

Deleted member 29907

D
You guys do realize Finke just came back from 4 games out right? geesh

I'll say it now. Damonte is going to be a good, maybe even great, shooter next year. His shooting form is nearly perfect. But it seems many of his misses have been short and sometimes a little flat. A sign of his legs not being under him, which is completely understandable coming off an injury. Let the game slow down a little for him, and put a whole off season of strength/conditioning into those legs and watch out.