Question regarding resumes for everyone

Middletown, IL
Got a quick question for anyone....starting Monday I am being promoted to a new position at my job. I'll, of course, have more responsibilities and have a different title as well as a (SLIGHT) increase in pay. When doing a resume...do I create a new job listing with the new information...or just change the status of the current position to reflect the promotion? Thanks in advanc

East Central IL
Got a quick question for anyone....starting Monday I am being promoted to a new position at my job. I'll, of course, have more responsibilities and have a different title as well as a (SLIGHT) increase in pay. When doing a resume...do I create a new job listing with the new information...or just change the status of the current position to reflect the promotion? Thanks in advanc
I've been in a similar situation before. I created a second title subheading under that employer and add dates for each title, with the most recent on top. When I retooled my resume a year or so ago to give it a more updated look, the HR manager friend of mine approved.

Example (not reflective of actual job experience, but you get the idea). The title headings are supposed to be indented further under the employer, but the text editor here doesn't support that format type, apparently.

- Employer X
- Manager, 2010 - present
- Asst. Manager, 2008 - 2010

Last edited: