Random recruiting questions for Chris Yates and others in the know

CSTVs new top 200 list is out for 2008, and theres some guys i need some dirt on

1) Brandon Moore- Who the hell is this guy? Hes ranked #98 abd Illinois is listed as his leader. Are the Illini really after this guy?

2) Renaldo Woolridge- Orlandos son I believe. The Illini have been linked with him as chasers. I heard he was leaning towards Orlando's Notre Dame, but whats up with him. The Illini are back in Cali after grabbing Watkins i see, good.

3) Luke Fabrizius & Nick Freundt- Are we just not interested in those guys?

I hear that Brad Sturdy of Rivals thinks the Illini have a good shot at getting DeAndre Liggins, does anyone have a subscription to Rivals and those message boards. Also what did Matt Humphrey say to Sturdy in his interview today?

Getting too old for this $&!@
Peoria
Brandon Moore is probably down the list. Forget about Renaldo. Fabrizius and Freundt do not interest Illinois enough to be top targets for them. Humphrey has no list yet, will probably get one narrowed down sometime in June. His dad handles most of his recruiting I think.

Banned
Seattle area
What's the latest skinny on Liggins? If you want to talk upside, start with that kid. He's not chopped liver right now, but, oh, what ability and potential.

Lets just keep it on the recruitment, and whats being said. Not what peoples opinons of the players are. We know what everyone thinks of Liggins, thats another thread. I love him too, I just saw there was talk from Brad Sturdy of rivals that the Illini are not dead with him at all.

Leitao is still recruiting this area very hard. Hes another Bill Self. Great recruiter coaching is average at best. Charisma is his calling card. But i wont digress any further on this thread.

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Freundt and Fabrizius are not options. The smart money is on a class that includes:

Bigs: Michael Dunigan, and then Josh Crittle as a distant second.

Wings: Scott Suggs, Darius Miller (a pipedream, IMO), DeAndre Liggins, and then Matthew Humphrey.

Shooters/Scorers: Iman Shumpert, then Matt Roth a distant second.

We only have two scholarships to give in '08, although that could grow to three if C.J. plays football, so BW will probably take at least one wing, leaving only one ride for everyone else. The word seems to be that Suggs and Dunigan are the highest priorities, but there's now talk from insiders on the Scout board about a "mystery recruit" who's really highly ranked and who has quietly been to campus for an unofficial visit. We'll see.

Why the hell would it be a mystery. Why wouldnt that guy want anyone to know, or why wouldnt the staff want anyone to know?

The word seems to be that Suggs and Dunigan are the highest priorities, but there's now talk from insiders on the Scout board about a "mystery recruit" who's really highly ranked and who has quietly been to campus for an unofficial visit. We'll see.
OOOHHHHH Thank You!!!

There had to be something in the wings to carry us through the summer!

:D

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
By mystery do u mean Dante Anderson?
To be honest, I don't have a clue about the "mystery recruit." I'm assuming that it's not Dante Anderson because he has been the subject of at least one major article linked to an Illini site. I would discount the whole "mystery recruit" notion as absurd if it hadn't originated from one of the most reliable posters on the Scout board. The rumblings are all interesting, though. Brad Sturdy at Rivals, who always knows what's happening, says that we're in much better shape with DeAndre Liggins than we believe. I haven't picked that up from any of the Liggins interviews, but Sturdy is Mr. Reliability. It's much like the comments from stlfan72 about Rodney Alexander. People ran him down for making things up when he claimed that he was talking with RA to get his information, but stlfan72 turned out to be almost 100 percent on target. Some posters are worthy of trust, and the guy with the "mystery recruit" theory is one of those posters. We'll see. I am increasingly confident, though, that we're going to get a couple of VERY good recruits for the class of '08. That class may not be as good as '09 or '10, which seem to be shaping up as monster classes, but the general sentiment about '08 is that it's going to turn out much better than we imagined a few months ago.

To be honest, I don't have a clue about the "mystery recruit." I'm assuming that it's not Dante Anderson because he has been the subject of at least one major article linked to an Illini site. I would discount the whole "mystery recruit" notion as absurd if it hadn't originated from one of the most reliable posters on the Scout board. The rumblings are all interesting, though. Brad Sturdy at Rivals, who always knows what's happening, says that we're in much better shape with DeAndre Liggins than we believe. I haven't picked that up from any of the Liggins interviews, but Sturdy is Mr. Reliability. It's much like the comments from stlfan72 about Rodney Alexander. People ran him down for making things up when he claimed that he was talking with RA to get his information, but stlfan72 turned out to be almost 100 percent on target. Some posters are worthy of trust, and the guy with the "mystery recruit" theory is one of those posters. We'll see. I am increasingly confident, though, that we're going to get a couple of VERY good recruits for the class of '08. That class may not be as good as '09 or '10, which seem to be shaping up as monster classes, but the general sentiment about '08 is that it's going to turn out much better than we imagined a few months ago.
Quality stuff once again. Thanks. Your confidence in another strong class makes me very confident.

I was also the one who started the CJ transfer thread. I don't claim to have first hand knowledge but I do hear some inside stuff from a close source. It's pretty widely known that there isn't a harness to keep CJ from transferring. I heard that it was a done deal and asked if anyone else had heard the same.

The football thing may also be based on "unsuitable" places for him to transfer to play bball. I am not sure of that, it's just my own personal opinion.

I guess my point is that it was not my intention to start a baseless rumor. I enjoy posting and getting info from this board and although I believe it will still happen, probably should have waited to post my info until it was made official.

Whats up with Texas swingman Shawn Williams? Scout has an article on him today

Why isnt Rivals listing Rodney Alexander as a signing?

Whats up with Texas swingman Shawn Williams? Scout has an article on him today

Why isnt Rivals listing Rodney Alexander as a signing?
Haven't checked yet today, but when Rodney signed, Rivals had it within a few hours updated in their DB. But then it disappeared!

Scout took a few hours and then booked him as a 2008 recruit. I emailed them to fix it (and change his 1-star ranking w/Scout) so we can see if Rodney gets our 2007 class into the Scout Top-25, which is an automated list and should be updated with Spring signings as the happen.

Rivals, OTOH, ranks its Top-25 classes via an internal vote, and publishes/finalizes it before the Spring signing (and before the exodus of recruits due to coaching changes).

Thats why im bringin it to my illini brethren, i know u guys will get the goods on that mishap.

Whats up with Shawn Williams anyone read the article on scout?

Banned
The Windy City
Thats why im bringin it to my illini brethren, i know u guys will get the goods on that mishap.

Whats up with Shawn Williams anyone read the article on scout?
I guess it said he likes the school and the coaching staff. We're in good position for him though from what I've heard. He's got family in the Champaign area which would be a great selling point.

Go get em' BAM! :D