Redbox Bowl Game Thread: Illinois vs Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to get off of the calls in the back half and go back to what we do and who we’ve been. Other than that, I’m actually pleased. This offense is a shell of itself and yet executing quite well against a very well coached defensive unit. This is encouraging.

Best example of this is when the broadcast showed the high camera view. Brown had half the field while the other half was covered by the safety and corner.
This qb will continue picking our secondary apart unless we can get some pressure. Can't cover their receivers.

This is so embarrassing. I don’t think our exposure in this game has as much effect as others think it does, but it certainly doesn’t help that we look like a high school defense playing right now...

I disagree. We are down 8 to a team that, had they not had an injured QB for so much of the season, would have won 9-10 games in the regular season (yes, in a weak conference). Yes, the defense doesn’t look great. I hope that encourages some players to think they are coming into a decent situation with the chance to make it that much better. National exposure on Fox, over a break from school, is great for high school kids to see.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
We look like we're outclassed on offense and defense.
I had a fun year until the NW game.
This looks like a continuation of our last game of the year.
Well we have another half to look forward to.
On the bright side, I think Illinois Football and the Bears have done the impossible - I might not care about football anymore.
Fishing anyone?
Just watch and enjoy. Stop expecting so much. It’s the Redbox bowl...

A bit off topic. Watching the game on ps Vue and I'm obviously over 60 seconds behind everyone else. This pos service is shutting down in a month. Thinking of switching to YouTube, is there a delay there too?

My number one priority for the offseason is to figure out how to disrupt the pocket. Turnovers are great and all and I know this is Lovie ball but I’m not sure I personally have the stomach for 48 more quarters of opposing QBs leisurely scanning the field and picking us apart. It drains the soul.

No
A bit off topic. Watching the game on ps Vue and I'm obviously over 60 seconds behind everyone else. This pos service is shutting down in a month. Thinking of switching to YouTube, is there a delay there too?

Just checked, about 15-20 seconds.

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
All streams have delays, there's just no way around it.

Let’s pump the brakes on the hyperbole a tad bit. We are playing today without one of our better CBs, a kid that will return and play in 2020 (Along with another kid, Beason something. I hear he’s ok). Let’s not lose sight of what’s actually happening out there and why.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
Just checked, about 15-20 seconds.

Most streaming services for live TV are behind. 🤷 In 2016 I got notifications that the Cubs had won the WS from ESPN on my phone before I saw it on MLB TV. I've just accepted it as part of cutting cords.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
It's halftime and I'm impressed thus far. I'd equate it to the first half our BB team played against Arizona earlier this season. If we can score in our first possession, it's essentially a toss-up.

I didn't post, but I was expecting a loss in the range of 34-16.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
The Fox announcers (Urban Meyer in particular) are so hyped to talk about Clemson/LSU. Urban was practically silent when they were discussing Cal vs. Illinois during the pregame show.

I don't think he wants to be bothered by teams that lose more than 3 games in a season.

Most streaming services for live TV are behind. 🤷 In 2016 I got notifications that the Cubs had won the WS from ESPN on my phone before I saw it on MLB TV. I've just accepted it as part of cutting cords.

Lol, I've learned to be cautious with the phone because of that delay. It's not terrible though it does make it interesting when commenting on forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.