Redbox Bowl Game Thread: Illinois vs Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times has Peters run a “fake” with no one there? Are those by design or mistake? Because it looks really dumb and it’s a waste of time.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Okay, maybe this is elementary and I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to break this down, but I think every single snap by their offense is "clap, clap, clap" one count, snap.... by Garbers.

How are we not keying on this and getting more pressure? Is this not reasonable, possible? Or just a product of our defense? (Twangers?)

The problem is that I can't tell if it's a poorly called defensive game or a poorly executed game. I think the clarification matters.

Both.

To your prior question about that last offensive play, that really is on Brandon. He needs to know that is not the look we want and call TO.

Lack of healthy playmakers is hard to watch. Offense is so one dimensional without someone who can get of the ball.

They can't run on us? Their back is over 100 with a 7.8 yard average with a quarter and a half to go.

Now, your point about them throwing it up for grabs and then coming down with it....think about what you're saying. It's not about smarts, it's about talent. There's a wide gap.

He got most of those yards on 2 or 3 carries, one of them being a 50 plus yard burst. And when you say a wide talent gap, is this team more talented than Iowa? Michigan State? Wis? I don’t.. we are being out schemed, or should I say out in game schemes right now.

He got most of those yards on 2 or 3 carries, one of them being a 50 plus yard burst. And when you say a wide talent gap, is this team more talented than Iowa? Michigan State? Wis? I don’t.. we are being out schemed, or should I say out in game schemes right now.

Ok. Take a step back and think about the team WE fielded against Wisconsin. Now look at the team we are fielding today. There’s a clear talent gap here this afternoon.

It’s still not Cover 2. It’s Cover 4. You need to watch the boundary corner if you want to diagnose what we’re doing.
Gotcha. I wasn’t seeing the corners drop, I thought they were sitting. And as I type this. Another flag on Brown

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
Hooo boy, can't believe they're calling all those DPIs but not a single one of the dozen holds today. On both sides.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Torched...over and over again. Just pathetic.

Ok. Take a step back and think about the team WE fielded against Wisconsin. Now look at the team we are fielding today. There’s a clear talent gap here this afternoon.

this is do agree with. I would say it’s so much the talent, yes. We are missing a lot of our starters. But it doesn’t look like we are in the position. But as I type this. We were in perfect position two plays in a row. Then a targeting call on eifiler

It’s amazing what a difference the turnover fairy makes.

Looks like a shoulder to the body.. but I am not sure
this is do agree with. I would say it’s so much the talent, yes. We are missing a lot of our starters. But it doesn’t look like we are in the position. But as I type this. We were in perfect position two plays in a row. Then a targeting call on eifiler

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
that's shoulder to shoulder. c'mon...you're kidding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.