Redbox Bowl Game Thread: Illinois vs Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
too slow on the release, he had good protection.

you can say the technique was flaws on how he rolled out and when he should've began throwing. But i was responding to the comment that it was an "ugly throw". The throw itself was affected by the hit.

No, he got hit because a basic stunt was run and our LG didn’t pick it up properly. Yes, he could have gotten it out maybe a little earlier, but he didn’t have that much time.

It’s a timing route and Donny pops open the minute he hits the top of that route. Brandon taking a hit is inconsequential to him getting the ball to the correct spot and leading Donny there and he’ll know that in the film review. The hit should’ve never affected the throw. That ball should have been out and then Brandon deals with the pain later.

I'm not sure about the rule -- I always thought it was where it comes down in this situation.

It’s a timing route and Donny pops open the minute he hits the top of that route. Brandon taking a hit is inconsequential to him getting the ball to the correct spot and leading Donny there and he’ll know that in the film review. The hit should’ve never affected the throw. That ball should have been out and then Brandon deals with the pain later.

I get it. My biggest thing was that it was crappy protection. It still would have been a completion if he hadn’t been hit, even if it would have been a TD had he thrown it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.