Redbox Bowl Game Thread: Illinois vs Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it. My biggest thing was that it was crappy protection. It still would have been a completion if he hadn’t been hit, even if it would have been a TD had he thrown it earlier.

Yeah, you’re definitely right and I’ll note that when I watch it back but if you focus in on Navorro (If you can watch it back), look at that route in freeze frame. Right there at the top he is officially open. If Brandon pulls the trigger a half second quicker and gets it to that soft spot, it’s a first down. That ball needed to come out a hair quicker, something Brandon is a little hit and miss with overall.

Decent year but last two games really taste sour. We lost some games we shouldn't have lost. We won some games we shouldn't have won. Hopefully we take a step forward and become more dominant. Man, it's weird to think what might have been if Bobby Roundtree just hadn't gone swimming and we had a dominant line. Which brings us to the important stuff... I hope Bobby and the Roundtree family have a much better 2020. Here's to him getting better, getting back in school and completing a degree. Best to all.

I got to skip media today to sit in a dive bar and watch MY program play a football game in December. It wasn’t the result I wanted with a few players I really didn’t care to see out there (all due respect) but this is a good day, for all of us. 2020, we’re coming for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.