Redbox Bowl Pregame: Illinois vs Cal, Monday, December 30th, 3:00pm CT, FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
look into downtown san jose. lots of stuff within walking distance and cheaper hotels than san francisco. also much easier to get to the game. i bet you can get better tickets through stubhub if you wait a week or two than you can get through your ticket office. or at least cheaper. there are "family" tickets on the redbox bowl site for $23 all in. Endzone, but bottom level. Indicates to me they aren't expecting much of a crowd.

I booked 2 nights at $100/night, 10 minute walk from the stadium. I can live with that.

in the 70s the other UC campuses demanded equal treatment to cal wanting to use our prestige to make their lessor campuses more important and that's why the UC regrents made Cal started referring to itself as UC berkeley or Berkeley. It's an abomination. There is only one university of california or Cal.

There are 2 university systems out here in CA....UC (University of California) and CSU (California State University). I honestly don't know what the technical differences are, but GENERALLY speaking my thoughts are that the UC schools are the "bigger schools" with better sports and more impressive academics (think UCLA, UC Berkley, UC San Deigo...a surprisingly good academic school).

On the CSU side you have Bakersfield, Fresno, Northridge, etc.). Honestly, Cal Poly is probably bar FAR the best CSU school in the program. At least that's what I'm telling myself since I'm paying them a pile of tuition $'s. :)

It's the flights that are killing me....

I want to go so badly, and I'm willing to spend some money. But not $700-$1000 per person in my family...

I've heard some people argue that "Berkeley" or "UC Berkeley" is for academics and "Cal" is for athletics.

Reminds me of this:
uofi.png

Which, unfortunately, often creates widespread self-inflicted confusion.

yeah that's what people say. personally i think it's dumb. berkeley is the name of the city the university is located in. no one calls the UT "austin."

So with Cal OC leaving the program and a former badger as HC does that mean their offense gets even more conservative? Or are we now playing a wild card?

when garbers got back it got more aggressive the last couple of games. i wouldn't expect a big difference. the offensive philosophy came from the head coach and it's not like baldwin was all that aggressive anyway. guy ran on every 2nd and short in 3 years.

I live in Santa Clara and I can even see Levi Stadium from my office. My roommate went to Cal. But I already bought tickets back to Chicago to spend Christmas with my family, and changing my flight for the game would mean cutting my trip by a week. So close, but so far.

There are 2 university systems out here in CA....UC (University of California) and CSU (California State University). I honestly don't know what the technical differences are, but GENERALLY speaking my thoughts are that the UC schools are the "bigger schools" with better sports and more impressive academics (think UCLA, UC Berkley, UC San Deigo...a surprisingly good academic school).

On the CSU side you have Bakersfield, Fresno, Northridge, etc.). Honestly, Cal Poly is probably bar FAR the best CSU school in the program. At least that's what I'm telling myself since I'm paying them a pile of tuition $'s. :)

yeah the CSUs are definitely a step down from the UCs and that's the way they were designed. I'd agree about cal poly.

any word on the illini who were hurt for the last two weeks? anybody coming back?

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
any word on the illini who were hurt for the last two weeks? anybody coming back?

They haven't even started practices yet. Plus, Lovie is quite notorious for not disclosing injuries. So no, no word yet.

his stats don't look that great. is that misleading or are the backups that awful? for cal it's the latter.

Stats only tell a part of the story. He made plays when they mattered, not necessarily racking up the yards and TDs.

I applaud anyone making plans without any certainty on the Peters situation. I'm not going either way, but if they announced he was not playing I'd stay home.

would be an awful long time to be in concussion protocol.

his stats don't look that great. is that misleading or are the backups that awful? for cal it's the latter.
Coach wouldn't mislead. By outstanding, I think he was referring to the year being incomplete, like an outstanding warrant or an outstanding invoice. Yes, he's had an outstanding year.

Deleted member 654622

D
would be an awful long time to be in concussion protocol.
Pretty sure it was his second this year. Considering his importance for next year's success, I would be as precautionary as possible

Deleted member 16340

D
Got me 2 tickets 2 days ago! Illini side, just outside the University block. Was at the KFHB too!

cuillini

San Bernardino, Ca.

I live in Ca. as well. The UC schools are harder to get into and generally regarded as "better" schools. Cal State schools are often commuter schools with significantly lower admittance standards.

Deleted member 16340

D
Cal State schools also have direct admitance from in-state junior colleges, I'm not sure about UC schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.