Redbox Bowl Pregame: Illinois vs Cal, Monday, December 30th, 3:00pm CT, FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest concern is our kids first time in cali and just the excitement of being there when cali is basically at home with less distractions.

Which freshman can play today without burning the redshirt, anyone have a firm list?

Which freshman can play today without burning the redshirt, anyone have a firm list?

I think Cumby, Chase Brown and Randolph have all played in four games so those are only four that if you play them it burns their RS. Every other Frosh who plays will not change their Redshirt status.

I have it the other way in the scholarship grid: Four players can treat 2019 as a redshirt year if they don't play in the bowl game: Chase Brown, Kyron Cumby, Keith Randolph Jr. and Nick Walker, with only Cumby and Randolph, Jr., being freshmen. (I haven't checked to see if the participation chart for the NW game changed since Nov. 30.)

Edit: Sorry I'm late to the party! Yes, Coleman can play.

I have it the other way in the scholarship grid: Four players can treat 2019 as a redshirt year if they don't play in the bowl game: Chase Brown, Kyron Cumby, Keith Randolph Jr. and Nick Walker, with only Cumby and Randolph, Jr., being freshmen. (I haven't checked to see if the participation chart for the NW game changed since Nov. 30.)

Edit: Sorry I'm late to the party! Yes, Coleman can play.

Ah, Walker. He escaped me.

Like to see Shammond get some run today, mix him in with Tolson. If he can play let him play. Otherwise, I'm good to proceed with sitting the aforementioned 4 and doing business as usual.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
If ever there were a time to test out IW at WR today should be the day...
Why would they put a true freshman kid in a position that he hasn’t played at this level in a bowl game? Wouldn’t it make more sense to do that in a game that doesn’t matter? Not on board with this.

Why would they put a true freshman kid in a position that he hasn’t played at this level in a bowl game? Wouldn’t it make more sense to do that in a game that doesn’t matter? Not on board with this.

I think he's just making an "in theory" statement based on the injury report. Chi is pretty sharp, I'm sure he sees the issue with the actual application of the idea.

No Bhebe, no Smalling, no Sidney, likely no Stampley and you can't play Kyron. We're razor thin.

Can't wait for the game. Been a long time since seeing UI in a bowl game. Got tired of watching other teams play late in the year while the Illini sat home. Living in Louisville, Ky their game is at the same time as our game. Who cares about Louisville. Go Illini skin the Bear.

So basically two freshman that committed after spring ball ended are now in line to play extensively (Witherspoon and Campbell). I mean Campbell has to play right? WR = Navarro, Washington, Campbell, Reams?

Rod's play calling is my biggest concern. This Cal defense is sound and well coached.

I am looking forward to the trick plays Rod has devised for this game. In the coaches' handbook, trick plays are mandatory. If it were me, I'd onside kick to start the game. Then a reverse pass with the WR throwing to Peters deep wide open. Happened this past weekend. Games are won with big plays.

So basically two freshman that committed after spring ball ended are now in line to play extensively (Witherspoon and Campbell). I mean Campbell has to play right? WR = Navarro, Washington, Campbell, Reams?

May as well, he's burned the redshirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.