Reported Illini offers, listed by class

Usurper Ming the Merciless EOM
Palace in Mingo City on the planet Mongo
http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/SPORTS0615/100227008

IndyStar 2013 Class play rankings for Indiana from 7/8/2010:

1. Colin Hartman

8. Devin Davis

Quote:
Davis has started since the beginning of the season and has really come on after Jan. 1, leading his team in scoring several times in January and February. Although his 3-point shot is almost a set shot, he hits it with regularity. He’s a good rebounder and not afraid to attack the basket.

10. Zak Irvin
So Collin Hartman, Devin Davis and Josh Oglesby have been added to the list
and now I'm describing Devin Davis as a combo forward, not a small forward:

2011:
Tracy Abrams (verbal commit), PG/CG Chicago Mt. Carmel
Nnanna Egwu (verbal commit), C Chicago St. Ignatius
Mycheal Henry (verbal commit), WF/SG Chicago Orr
Anthony Davis, F Chicago Perspectives
Kevin Johnson, C Woodland Hills CA Taft
Devin Langford WF/CG Huntsville AL Lee
Ben McLemore, SG/WF St. Louis MO Wellston-Eskridge
Quincy Miller, PF High Point NC Westchester Country Day
Josh Oglesby, CG Cedar Rapids IA Washington
Chasson Randle, CG Rock Island
Mike Shaw, PF Chicago De La Salle
Sam Thompson, WF/SG Chicago Whitney Young
Josiah Turner, CG Sacramento CA
Jarrod Uthoff, PF Cedar Rapids IA Jefferson

2012:
Antonio “Bobo” Drummond, PG Peoria Central
Kevin “Yogi” Ferrell, PG Indianapolis IN Park Tudor
A.J. Hammons, C Carmel IN
Gary Harris, F/G Indianapolis IN Hamilton Southeastern
Jeremy Hollowell, SG Indianapolis IN Lawrence Central
DeJuan Marrero, WF Gary IN Bowman
Marcus Paige, PG Linn Mar IA
Ron Patterson, SG Indianapolis IN Broad Ripple

2013:
Devin Davis, CF Indianapolis IN Warren Central
Alex Foster, PF Chicago De La Salle
Tommy Hamilton Jr., PF Chicago Whitney Young
Collin Hartman SF Indianapolis IN Cathedral
Zak Irvin, F/G Indianapolis IN Hamilton Southeastern
Jabari Parker, CF Chicago Simeon

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I had an epiphany and heard voices giving me the names of the recruits that we will get:

2011 Uthoff

2012 Ferrell, Harris, Marrero

2013 Parker, Hamilton

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own epiphanies
I won't believe it until I hear it from the Oracle Octopus. I hope you are right, though.

combes is right. Donivine Stewart is a Bradley commit and he therefore comes off the list, while Mychael Henry has been reported to have been offered a scholarship by the staff, so he goes on.

I've also done a little more research of my own and I've added 2012 point guard Kevin “Yogi” Ferrell to the list.

Serious Late is also right. I don't believe Frank Kaminski has been offered by us. The same goes for Aaron Simpson. I'm not convinced Devin Langford has been offered either, at least not yet. And like Serious Late says, I am JUST looking to put together a list of people that have actual, formal offers from us, NOT whether or not we will get them.

Here's my revised list. I've already admitted to 3 mistakes but I stll may not have it right. If that's so please let me know! Hopefully now it's 100% up to date, correct and complete. Does anyone disagree?

2011:
Tracy Abrams (verbal commit), Chicago Mt. Carmel
Nnanna Egwu (verbal commit), Chicago St. Ignatius
Mychael Henry, Chicago Orr
Quincy Miller, Winston-Salem Quality Education Academy
Chasson Randle, Rock Island
Mike Shaw, Chicago De La Salle
Sam Thompson, Chicago Whitney Young

2012:
Antonio “Bobo” Drummond, Peoria Central
Kevin “Yogi” Ferrell, Indianapolis Park Tudor
A.J. Hammons, Carmel
Gary Harris, Indianapolis Hamilton Southeastern
Jeremy Hollowell, Indianapolis Lawrence Central
Dejuan Marrero, Gary Bowman
Emmanuel Ochenje, Carbondale Brehm Prep
Ron Patterson, Indianapolis Broad Ripple

2013:
Alex Foster, Chicago De La Salle
Tommy Hamilton Jr., Chicago Whitney Young
Peter Jok, Des Moines Roosevelt
Jabari Parker, Chicago Simeon
How is it that the men's program has a future recruiting list but the women don't? Where can I find a list for the women?

How is it that the men's program has a future recruiting list but the women don't? Where can I find a list for the women?
Corvette, sorry not to be rude, and I am only speaking for myself currently, but I have really no interest in following a recruiting list for the women team. I guess if you really want one put it together in your women's off season thread you enjoy contributing to.

But I have nothing to share at all regarding the women's team.

Neither service lists Bobo Drummond as having an offer from Illinois.

Have not looked at either recruiting service so only have the conversation my son had with him this summer..he is going to Bradley.

10 days off for polluting a Men's Basketball thread with your Women's Basketball trolling. Here's the Women's Basketball Thread. Anything to say even hinting at Women's Basketball, it goes in there. It's all explained in Post #2.
Thanks Dan! I was getting pretty annoyed with Corvette's women's basketball posts

I know this has been discussed plenty, but doesn't Bobo NOT have an official offer? Why is he still on the 2012 list?

Back on the first page Timbuk2 says that Bobo claims to have an offer. The question is what are the criteria for adding a player to the list? It appears that it just takes a published report. It's not my list but it would be nice to know.

Back on the first page Timbuk2 says that Bobo claims to have an offer. The question is what are the criteria for adding a player to the list? It appears that it just takes a published report. It's not my list but it would be nice to know.
I think if someone states that they have an offer he puts them on the list? I'd trust the player of scouts or rivals.

That's the $64000 question. I don't really trust Rivals or Scout completely. The players themselves often misunderstand when they do or do not have an offer (see JR Morris). I seriously doubt Drummond has an unconditional offer, i.e. if he tried to commit right now, I doubt it would be accepted.

I appreciate the effort that's gone into this list, but the offers that are well know are easy to track, i.e. Chasson Randle and Mike Shaw. The others that are in the gray area are pretty hard to validate and thus suspect, IMO.

Where are you getting this list from?

For example, Scout shows Langford with an Illinois offer, Rivals does not. Neither service lists Bobo Drummond as having an offer from Illinois.
Question: How do I determine who's really been offered?
Answer: Sometimes I decide with considerable difficulty.

The following is from a post almost a year old, July 27, 2009:

http://www.illinihq.com/blogs/recruiting_wrap/2009/07/27/illinois_is_bobo_drummonds_dream_school

Caught this little information about Bobo today, looks like he might be the next great Peorian to become a Fighting Illini!!
Click on the link and you'll see Jeremy Werner stating that the kid says he was offered. So Jeremy Werner reported it, and that's why I did too:

Illinois offered the Peoria standout during his freshman season.

"I love Illinois," Drummond said. "I grew up wanting Illinois as my dream school. It was cool to make that my first offer."

Drummond holds just the one scholarship offer but doesn't plan on letting his recruitment drag on.
As for Devin Langford, here's another post (titled Devin Langford: Illinois in my top 3) by Jeremy Werner in which he quotes Devin Langford's (Lee high school) coach Greg Brown:

http://www.illinihq.com/news/2010/04/21/devin_langford_illinois_in_my_top_3

"Actually, (Illinois is) standing in the top three as far as the schools he likes right now," Brown said. "So we're just trying to get a good feel for it. (Illinois head coach Bruce) Weber says they really like him, and they'll be back (to visit) him."

....Though Illinois has prioritized in-state recruits for the Class of 2011, Langford has received special attention from the UI coaches. Brown said Weber has personally visited Lee High School four times.

"(Illinois) told him they're definitely interested, and the offer will be on the table," Brown said. "They didn't say when, but they said the offer will definitely be on the table."
In conclusion, it's obviously entirely Jeremy Werner's fault! Now, if only I could blame the uncertainty about Andre Henley's supposed Illinois offer on Jeremy too, that would explain ALL of the confusion.

But I may have a solution. How about if I put "Dre" Henley back on the list and keep Devin Langford and "Bobo" Drummond, but with asterisks denoting alleged (officially unconfirmed) offers, as follows?

Current list of outstanding Illinois basketball scholarship offers, with
asterisks indicating reported, but nevertheless questionable, offers:

2011:
**Andre “Dre” Henley, WF/SG Chicago De La Salle
**Devin Langford WF/CG Huntsville AL Lee

2012:
**Antonio “Bobo” Drummond, PG Peoria Central

2013:

Last edited:
Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
I think you have done a great job so far, my man.

Keep it up, I appreciate having a list of all our offers, as precise as they can reasonably be expected.

As for Devin Langford, here's another post (titled Devin Langford: Illinois in my top 3) by Jeremy Werner in which he quotes Devin Langford's (Lee high school) coach Greg Brown:

In conclusion, it's obviously entirely Jeremy Werner's fault! Now, if only I could blame the uncertainty about Andre Henley's supposed Illinois offer on Jeremy too, that would explain ALL of the confusion.
"(Illinois) told him they're definitely interested, and the offer will be on the table," Brown said. "They didn't say when, but they said the offer will definitely be on the table."
Langford doesn't have an offer, neither does Henley. They may get one IF the current offers don't commit but they don't have offers right now

coaches need to say something to keep contingent kids interested but can't give them official offers until their primary offers don't pan out

nonetheless . . great job with the grid : )

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
For the record, I also liked the scholarship grid... having both the list and the grid were quality additions. I hope the grid didn't disappear permanently. More posts from quality posters!

For the record, I also liked the scholarship grid... having both the list and the grid were quality additions. I hope the grid didn't disappear permanently. More posts from quality posters!
+1

I agree, I really love both the list and the grid. They add a lot to the board and I appreciate you guys taking the time to do it.

aka Flash Gordon, earthling
Planet Earth, when not battling Ming the Merciless
Now that we're all friends again, any ideas as to where the scholarship grid belongs? This thread? It's own thread? Unfortunately, I deleted the grids in this thread at their source, so I can't return them, but I have the original, updated with 2's latest input. It would be nice to have editing capabilities on it so it wouldn't have to be reposted with every change, but I don't know how to do that.

Cape Town, South Africa
match the recruit with a recruiter

Question: How do I determine who's really been offered?
Answer: Sometimes I decide with considerable difficulty.

The following is from a post almost a year old, July 27, 2009:

Click on the link and you'll see Jeremy Werner stating that the kid says he was offered. So Jeremy Werner reported it, and that's why I did too:

But I may have a solution. How about if I put "Dre" Henley back on the list and keep Devin Langford and "Bobo" Drummond, but with asterisks denoting alleged (officially unconfirmed) offers, as follows?

Current list of outstanding Illinois basketball scholarship offers, with
asterisks indicating reported, but nevertheless questionable, offers:

2011:
**Andre “Dre” Henley, WF/SG Chicago De La Salle
**Devin Langford WF/CG Huntsville AL Lee

2012:
**Antonio “Bobo” Drummond, PG Peoria Central

2013:
Can these recruits be matched with a recruiter? Can we expand that list to include 2009 and 2010? That will give us the big picture on who does what.

rbachhuber - the scholarship grids can go in their own thread, thanks!
My bad. I just wanted everyone to know that my overreaction was just that and I'm 100% over it. I sent rbachhuber a couple of apologetic PMs telling him that I was sorry, I missed his grid and urging him to bring it back. He was very gracious and understanding in his reply. I want you all to know I'm very glad he did bring back the grid and that I would be happy to see it appear in ANY thread on the board. :eek: