Ricky Smalling out for season (knee)

Take your time to recover Ricky and come back stronger. Josh and Co. got his back in the mean time.

God’s Blessings for your recovery, Ricky. Looking forward to a long string of catches in 2020.

If what was relayed on this board last week is true (And it appears to be), it's an ACL tear. That makes his 2020 outlook a little hazy.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Unfortunately Smalling looks like another recruit that is going to have a hard time staying on the field.

If what was relayed on this board last week is true (And it appears to be), it's an ACL tear. That makes his 2020 outlook a little hazy.

He’s got 9-10 months to be game ready. ACLs for football can be fine in that time. Basketball I’d be worried, football not as much.

He’s got 9-10 months to be game ready. ACLs for football can be fine in that time. Basketball I’d be worried, football not as much.

A renowned sports rehabilitation center in Texas did a study a few years ago that showed the typical NFL player was able to return to the field at full speed in 11 months. There’s obviously no study for how long it took those players to return to peak form (A kid playing and a kid playing WELL are two different things, right?). And to stress, this study was conducted using players at the professional level.

Using this as a fair, rough barometer, you’re looking at some time in October for him to return. That could be anywhere from a 3 game to 8 game absence.

Deleted member 654622

D
A renowned sports rehabilitation center in Texas did a study a few years ago that showed the typical NFL player was able to return to the field at full speed in 11 months. There’s obviously no study for how long it took those players to return to peak form (A kid playing and a kid playing WELL are two different things, right?). And to stress, this study was conducted using players at the professional level.

Using this as a fair, rough barometer, you’re looking at some time in October for him to return. That could be anywhere from a 3 game to 8 game absence.
When Ricky is on, he is a huge asset. I don't see J Beb leaving for the draft early and I like our current pass catching depth. I don't think this will kill us.
On a much related note, Sydney posted a pic of him walking on an underwater treadmill yesterday. On that same time line, he should be back close to the beginning of the season

When Ricky is on, he is a huge asset. I don't see J Beb leaving for the draft early and I like our current pass catching depth. I don't think this will kill us.
On a much related note, Sydney posted a pic of him walking on an underwater treadmill yesterday. On that same time line, he should be back close to the beginning of the season

I think that's a solid assessment. This probably has more of an affect on Ricky as an individual than us as an offense/team.