Rutgers 72, Illinois 57 POSTGAME

Deleted member 29907

D
Tev is definitely in the position he is in because of his own choices. I hope he sticks it out in Champaign and has a hell of an off-season. This kid is as committed on the defensive end as I have seen in his time here and once he can hit the 3 with consistency and then learn how to deck the ball and get to the hoop or hit the midrange, he is an impossible cover on the college level given his size. He has pro level athleticism and skills. With it looking like Ayo going to the next level next year, Tev could be an x-factor for us to having staying power. I wouldn’t mind him starting in the front court with Kofi in the front court next year.
Have to agree - he's playing much better D, staying low and he has good lateral quickness. He's pressing on O, probably because he feels he doesn't have much time to prove himself on the court. Missing the early season games where he could have gotten some more quality minutes really hurt his development this year. He seems to have all the tools which is why I think so many see the potential. Just hoping it clicks. We need his length out there.

Tacomallini

Washington State
".can one of the Jones disciples please tell me again why we should have been playing him all year? His shooting was just not there...great hustle block, but man quit shooting if it isn't your night." So I guess because he missed some open jumpers we should just turn him into someone that doesn't look at the basket like Damonte. It amazes me that some players can do nothing right while others get 20+ minutes a game showing no offense yet they're irreplaceable parts of the team. I would rather have 4 or 5 Tevians rather than 4 or 5 Damontes. Unfortunately we haven't had for several years and that is why we are mediocre. All I see is complaints about Kofi playing like a freshman and Tevian brings nothing to the table and its BS. If we don't start getting more athletic players like them we are going to be right where we've been for quite a while. Watch the Duke's, the Kentucky's, the Kansas teams. A Damonte couldn't sniff their team, but they do have some athletes like Tevian and Kofi ever year. I am not here to knock Damonte, as I appreciate what he brings to the team, but his upside is what it is. However, you never fail to knock Jones no matter what he does. If you think Damonte's upside is the same as these other two then enjoy the kind of basketball you are seeing. It's not going to be pretty.
1581971650859.jpeg

Don’t trust the Koolaid, even if it’s orange.
I’ll see myself out...

1. Can't seem to get an open guy. Try in and out, find an open spot so you can receive the ball for the open shot. Spread the offense and pass off when driving.

2. No matter all the other stats, if one cannot make a shot, we lose. We can play like the globe trotters, but if we can't make a shot,
we lose.

3. If one is going to play man to man defense, then play 4 guys man to man with Kofi at the bucket. Except for Garza, what center consistently makes the 3?

4. Fundamentals, fundamentals, both offense and defense.

keep on truckin
joe

Last edited: