Season Opener - Austin Peay at Illinois

Illini Foot Soldier
Finally its basketball time! :D :D :D

Randle should be playing but McBride is still detoxing so expect the Illini to still not gem the way that they should. However this is a revenge game (Number 3 on the list - http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Onions/031804.htm). I want to beat them and beat them badly.

UI - 73
Austin "I have to" Peay - 45

Last edited by a moderator:
San Francisco Bay Area
Hello All,

My first post so take it easy on this old boy.

I just discovered you guys yesterday and what a trip.

I really enjoyed reviewing the gallery. Being so far away it has been hard to find any news ouside of the mainstream media.

GO ILLINI!!!

UI 88
AP 58

woo hoo!!

I agree :D :D :D

Chief Optimism Officer
Chicago
Revenge - almost 20 years later, and in reverse, and no one cares.

Ausin "to the P to the A" - 49
Illinois "to the C to the U" - 82

Standout Performer - Brian Randle: 23 pts in 23 minutes

koolkat said:
Hello All,

Welcome to the club. Good to have you. Always good to have Illini fans on the West coast.

Illini Foot Soldier
koolkat said:
Hello All,

I really enjoyed reviewing the gallery. Being so far away it has been hard to find any news ouside of the mainstream media.
Welcome!

San Francisco Bay Area
bonick03 said:
Revenge - almost 20 years later, and in reverse, and no one cares.

Ausin "to the P to the A" - 49
Illinois "to the C to the U" - 82

Standout Performer - Brian Randle: 23 pts in 23 minutes

Would this not be absolutely wonderful? :eek:

This would take confidence and an awesome jump shot!! With his ability to drive to the rim he would be unstoppable.

I can only hope!!!

not close enough to my illini
OrangeFever said:
Don't anybody offer to stand on your head.
even though it wasn't a good thing that dick vitale had to end up standing on his head for this, does anyone have a picture of it? i would LOVE to see it...

Official Forum Townie
IL: 62
AP: 53

We'll have trouble finding points with randle not seeing alot of minutes and mcbride being out, but we'll be up by 20 with 5 to go and put in some of the younger guys and wind up with a smaller margin.

This will be an easy one.We are still working on the chemistry and that was why Coach arranged the schedule as he did.So many games in so few days early in the season with a soft schedule at first.Coach spoke to this issue in the speech he gave that I attended. He wanted to get them playing time and experience. Cant wait till Randle and Mcbride are both back in the mix. Chester is comming along rather nicely. Welcome Koolkat and GO ILLINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted member 2050

D
Just a reminder of how fun it is for opponents to play @ the hall. I don't care who is missing from the team. First game of the year with something to prove!

Good luck Austin Peay... :eek:

Year Overall
2005-06 15-1
2004-05 15-0
2003-04 12-1
2002-03 14-0
2001-02 13-1
2000-01 12-0
1999-2000 12-1
Total 93-4 (.959)

arew said:
Just a reminder of how fun it is for opponents to play @ the hall.
I sense a pattern from those records, this season it's time to be undefeated again at the Hall.

Start it up, 5 home games in 9 days! :eek:

Peay 55
IL 78

Illini Foot Soldier
fightingillini fan 4-ever said:
AMEN, could ya say it a little louder. GO ILLINI!!!!!!!!
The day is finally here to stop talking about recruiting and actually think about why we are all here - the games!

I see Illini basketball . . . and its glorious!!!!

Illini Foot Soldier
Game Notes for Austin Peay at Illinois

http://fightingillini.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111206aab.html

Series Notes: Austin Peay
Illinois and Austin Peay are meeting for the third time, and the first time in 19 years. The all-time series is tied 1-1. Austin Peay upset Illinois in the first round of the 1987 NCAA Tournament at Birmingham, Ala., 68-67 (3/12/87). The Illini defeated the Governors the following season, 100-62 at the Assembly Hall (12/8/87).

illini4everjp said:
Is anyone going tonight? I will be watching gamecast on a computer screen, sadly.

I-L-L-!
Hey JP ,

Where can I catch the webcast? It's probably a members only thing at every site. That sucks!

Illini Foot Soldier
ILLwitit said:
Hey JP ,

Where can I catch the webcast? It's probably a members only thing at every site. That sucks!
If you go to ESPN or Yahoo Sports, you should be able to watch the gamecast. It won't be video of the game but you can see the score and stats and all that stuff.

illini4everjp said:
If you go to ESPN or Yahoo Sports, you should be able to watch the gamecast. It won't be video of the game but you can see the score and stats and all that stuff.
Thanks ILLI-homey!