Season Opener - Austin Peay at Illinois

arew said:
How bout 43-19 ? Jamar smith is killin em !
I've heard that Randle is lookin good, even though he's at 60% or so. I guess the AP announcers are in love with our team. :)

You listening to the game arew, or what?

Deleted member 2050

D
illinifan87 said:
I've heard that Randle is lookin good, even though he's at 60% or so. I guess the AP announcers are in love with our team. :)

You listening to the game arew, or what?
Hell yeah I'm listening to the game ! You couldn't pay me to miss the 1st game of the year...I don't care what kind of team they play !
Randle's been good..a three pointer to open up, a showstopper dunk (from what they say)..sounds good to me !

FinalFour88 said:
It's nice to see Pruitt scoring some too. He'll be huge for us.

And is Carlwell officially redshirting???
Pruitt is doing some scoring, though I believe he's been blocked a few times :eek: . And I do believe Carwell is redshirting.

Deleted member 2050

D
Sorry...I usually do this

Illinois : 55
AustinP: 24

Jamar Smith: 19 pts (5 threes); 1 asst; 2 stl (just left the game, ankle ?)
Shaun Pruitt: 13 Pts; 3 rebs; 1 asst
Brian Randle: 7 pts; 3 rebs; 2 stl
Warren Carter: 4 pts; 2 rebs; 2 blks; 5 asst;
Calvin Brock: 4 pts; 2 rebs; 2 stl
Trent Meacham; 3 pts; 1 reb;
Chester Frazier: 3 pts; 5 rebs; 6 asst; 1 stl
Marcus Arnold: 2 pts; 2 rebs;
Richard Semarau; 1 reb

Awesome statline for Frazier, just awesome. I don't care about the points right now. 5 boards and 6 assists, how many turnovers? That's the PG I want to see this season.

Jamar just needs consistency. If he can do that, he's going to be almost unguardable from the outside this season.

illinifan87 said:
And IU is only up by 6 points to UL. :D

IU is TERRIBLE! If UL didn't turn the ball over with dumb mistakes, they'd be leading. DJ White has 3 fouls. :D
Oh My God ------ IUSUCKS!!!!

They are only up by 5 at half take that Kelvin!!! :D

tnillinifan said:
Oh My God ------ IUSUCKS!!!!

They are only up by 5 at half take that Kelvin!!! :D
I don't care if it is the 1st game of the season, it's a disgrace right now. Although I think IU will win based on the fact that they're bigger and more athletic, it's still pathetic. And it's basically a home game for them being in Indiana.

Like I said, they are nothing without DJ White, NOTHING. If we lose Randle we're still a good team. If we lose McBride we're still a good team. If we lose Pruitt, Smith, Frazier, etc we're still a good team IMO (not that I'm saying I want to lose them though). IU has no depth whatsoever. Good luck Kelvin, you're going to get spanked this season.

San Francisco Bay Area
Hot Dog!

What a route. 35 points! This defense is encouraging.

And Mr. Smith with 19 pts and 5 - 8 from 3 pt range. He was only in for 21 minutes.

Please take it easy on Mr. Frazier he is trying to fill some big shoes (no pun intended). I imagine the six turnovers was as much enthusiasm as anything. The lineup changed early and often so there was not much time to build any chemistry here.

A lot of balance as well. Mr Carlwell pulled down 6 ribbys and there were four guys with five then three guys with three each.

I'm really impressed!!

:D :D :D

That's a winner!!
OH
Hey, they looked good from my seat, I hope Jamar is ok, I don't want to start any rumors or anything, from what I saw the trainer came out and talked to Bruce, and Bruce put is face in his hand, he looked really upset, I hope that the plan with Randle was just to play the amount he did, and rest the groin. Chester Frazier is growing up quickly, and looking good, impressed with Calvin Brock, he might be an x-factor that we weren't expecting, we'll find out more this week, as they have three games in 5 days, even though its early, this is an important stretch, going to have to sub often to keep some fresh legs in there.

koolkat said:
Hot Dog!

What a route. 35 points! This defense is encouraging.

And Mr. Smith with 19 pts and 5 - 8 from 3 pt range. He was only in for 21 minutes.

Please take it easy on Mr. Frazier he is trying to fill some big shoes (no pun intended). I imagine the six turnovers was as much enthusiasm as anything. The lineup changed early and often so there was not much time to build any chemistry here.

A lot of balance as well. Mr Carlwell pulled down 6 ribbys and there were four guys with five then three guys with three each.

I'm really impressed!!

:D :D :D
80-35 = 45 points by son. :)

My god IU is terrible. Jesus christ, they're a friggin disgrace. And again, if UL could stop making dumb mistakes, they'd be winning by like 15 right now (ok that's a little drastic but they'd be leading this game).

Jamar's ankle is most likely a sprain but they'll x-ray it tomorrow to be sure. Let's hope for the best. I sprained my ankle last week and recall doing just what Jamar did right after: try to walk it off taking a few pained steps and then collapse. Ouch.

Who is this AP announcer everyone is raving about? Is this a radio guy?

One more note from the game- this was Calvin Brock's best game by far, he looked poised and confident and made impressive plays.

Deleted member 2050

D
I think you guys jumped the gun on Indiana .. It ended up being a blowout..However, they weren't able to hold THEIR opponent to 35 POINTS !

I just caught Jamar's spin move on the news....it was SICK !

arew said:
I think you guys jumped the gun on Indiana .. It ended up being a blowout..However, they weren't able to hold THEIR opponent to 35 POINTS !

I just caught Jamar's spin move on the news....it was SICK !
IU played well for all of 5 minutes tonight. No one jumped the gun. They narrowly beat a terrible UL team in Indiana. I saw a pathetic team for the better part of 35 minutes that was outhustled and outplayed.

It ended up being a blowout because UL couldn't stop committing dumb turnovers. IU is not going to be good this year, and tonight proved it.