SMU's downfall

NCAA is involved, though I'm not sure how much weight they have left to throw around these days. :D

I'm not sure SMU will have much of a resume for SS anyway. And this might suck for Tim Jankovich, i.e. the "coach in waiting" if he ends up taking over a program on probation.
What was going on with Justin Martin anyway? He had a starting rand starring role for the Musketeers, but Brown barely played him. He might have been injured, but I couldn't believe that he barely got double digit minutes.

I was planning on the American to steal a bid or two from a bigger conference come selection Sunday. This should help alleviate my anxiety a bit. I wanted to note that Memphis was playing a lot better after getting their whole team back to full strength except for the mystery man Kuran Iverson. They of course lost their next game after I was going to say something, but the Tigers looked good last night beating Cincy.

Last edited:
This is the ugly "at all cost" back end of the popular "win at all cost" mantra that many think is a good idea.

SMU will cease to exist as a legit BB program after Mr Carpetbagger moves on and they end up on sanctions.

Poetic Justice will occur hopefully once the NCAA completes the sham class investigation of UNC, and strips them of their 1993, 2005, and 2009 NC's along with 2 or 3 yrs of sanctions and scholarship reductions.

Decatur, IL
What was going on with Justin Martin anyway? He had a starting rand starring role for the Musketeers, but Brown barely played him. He might have been injured, but I couldn't believe that he barely got double digit minutes.

I was planning on the American to steal a bid or two from a bigger conference come selection Sunday. This should help alleviate my anxiety a bit. I wanted to note that Memphis was playing a lot better after getting their whole team back to full strength except for the mystery man Kuran Iverson. They of course lost their next game after I was going to say something, but the Tigers looked good last night beating Cincy.

Memphis in a thread about SMU?

Deleted member 4960

D
Speaking of Crandall Head, did he graduate? Get hurt? Leave SMU?

C-U Townie
NCAA is pretty selective as to who they go after. If any school deserved the death penalty it is North Carolina.
Not to get too far off topic, but whatever happened to the NC violations?

NCAA is involved, though I'm not sure how much weight they have left to throw around these days. :D

I'm not sure SMU will have much of a resume for SS anyway. And this might suck for Tim Jankovich, i.e. the "coach in waiting" if he ends up taking over a program on probation.
The NCAA is definitely more careful about who they go after these days. It seemed SMU made serious inroads in recruiting very quickly after Brown took over. When they started signing some bigger names, I thought maybe it was Brown's legendary status . Maybe, it was more Brown's resolve to get talent on the floor regardless of rules that could be broken in the process. It will be interesting to see where these recent cases (North Carolina and SMU) go.

Not to get too far off topic, but whatever happened to the NC violations?
Ongoing investigation.
I understand why everyone is quiet during an investigation, but man is it frustrating to listen to silence when the facts are as clear as this one. An academic organization sets up absolute sham classes, uses them for years and years to keep underperforming athletes eligible and that doesn't lead to anything? Rant (temporarily) complete