Some Indianapolis info needed

Middletown, IL
I am gonna be in Indy in mid November for a few days. And this is gonna sound funny...but how is it driving into Indy from Illinois? Is it easy to get around?

I don't like driving and I would feel more comfortable flying in (I'd rather Greyhound or Amtrak but I wouldn't get in until after 8PM on Friday)...but if it's not too bad I might just drive it. I guess what I'm trying to say is....is it as bad as trying to get into downtown Chicago?

I don't know what hotel I'll be at....but the one I am looking at on Hotwire is a 4 star downtown for $86/night.

What are some sights and restaurants to hit while downtown that aren't expensive?

Drive. Very easy. No worries at all.
This. One of the easier cities I have been in, around, through. It's been too long to remember the restaurants, but there are plenty of good ones to choose from. Esp if it's a nice hotel, I have always found the staff to be good at recommendations.

I am gonna be in Indy in mid November for a few days. And this is gonna sound funny...but how is it driving into Indy from Illinois? Is it easy to get around?

I don't like driving and I would feel more comfortable flying in (I'd rather Greyhound or Amtrak but I wouldn't get in until after 8PM on Friday)...but if it's not too bad I might just drive it. I guess what I'm trying to say is....is it as bad as trying to get into downtown Chicago?

I don't know what hotel I'll be at....but the one I am looking at on Hotwire is a 4 star downtown for $86/night.

What are some sights and restaurants to hit while downtown that aren't expensive?
When we were there for the B1G Basketball Tournament, we went to the War Museum right near downtown and it was very cool.

If I remember correctly, there were a bunch of places to eat right in downtown, most of them bar type food. We had a very hard time finding good breakfast.

Driving in and out is very, very easy. I'd compare it to driving in and out of Peoria?

If you are into plays, I enjoyed the Indiana Repertory Theatre. Wear something nice though, don't show up in jeans and a polo.

http://www.irtlive.com/shows_and_tickets/shows/#

Middletown, IL
thanks for the help everyone.

according to a few sites...the 2 hotels it could be are The Canterbur or The Omni Severin

King Monkey Nut
Mooresville,Indiana
I work over there....best little big city I know. Very easy to get around in the city. Easy to get from Illinois to Indy.

Middletown, IL
Well I got my hotel reserved. Staying at the Westin downtown on Capitol.

$89/night. Looked around and some decent restaurants around...plus if i get a late night craving...a Steak N Shake is about 2 blocks down.