Spring Practice Thread

All practices will be closed but at least we are having a spring game this year.

Need to get him some WR! Luke's waiver would be huge for MJ

Yes, that would be huge!

I'm also holding out hope that Smalling can take a big step forward.

Smalling needs to try some of this
2af396e1_B7M6XEaCYAAyAf5.png

breadman

Herndon, VA
Keep the updates coming!!
Sounds like it's going to be an interesting spring practice for once!

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
I think we may have a tighter QB battle than most suspect, I always really liked Robinson's potential and wouldn't be surprised if he won the job barring Williams exceeding the learning curve and no Tate transfer

Deleted member 654622

D
I think we may have a tighter QB battle than most suspect, I always really liked Robinson's potential and wouldn't be surprised if he won the job barring Williams exceeding the learning curve and no Tate transfer
I still think MJ gets the nod unless Tate shows up, but what I am really interested in is the QB2 spot, Robinson vs Isaiah. Both are undersized, successful HS careers, both are considered running QBs, Matt better arm, Isaiah better quickness. But Matt played in what is considered a prevalent football league in a prevalent football state. Isaiah was two time Gatorade player of the year in a lessor football state. It is kind of a great example for us to see if our great local talent is better than the average talent in the great football states.
I would like to say Coran would be involved in this equation considering his running ability, but his reported arm accuracy needs some work.

Sorry this might belong in another thread since Isaiah wont be involved in Spring practice.

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
I still think MJ gets the nod unless Tate shows up, but what I am really interested in is the QB2 spot, Robinson vs Isaiah. Both are undersized, successful HS careers, both are considered running QBs, Matt better arm, Isaiah better quickness. But Matt played in what is considered a prevalent football league in a prevalent football state. Isaiah was two time Gatorade player of the year in a lessor football state. It is kind of a great example for us to see if our great local talent is better than the average talent in the great football states.
I would like to say Coran would be involved in this equation considering his running ability, but his reported arm accuracy needs some work.

Sorry this might belong in another thread since Isaiah wont be involved in Spring practice.

I wouldn't mind seeing Coran try some WR, but I trust the staffs evaluation and what they feel is necessary for depth at each position.

I've always felt the politics of managing a roster (what is promised in recruiting vs. what the staff needs as things develop) is one of the more demanding things in high level college athletics.