St. Louis Blues 2019-2020 Season

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
The Blues are coming off last season as Stanley Cup Champions for the first time in franchise history. I'm excited about the upcoming season. Read a story off of their Facebook page that season tickets are selling out in a majority of areas, so they had to create the first-ever Season Ticket Wait Holder list in franchise history. Just want to see if there's any Blues fans out there besides me that can't wait for the season to start.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Central is going to be a dogfight. 6 teams (sorry, Wild) could conceivably make the playoffs. Can the Blues catch lightning in a bottle again? Don't think so, but I've been wrong before. lol

I'm counting down the days before the Traverse City NHL Prospects tournament starts (9/6-11). Yeah, I've got it bad.

Blues are gonna bring back basically everyone from last year's team except for probably Maroon and Barbashev. Though if this current bargaining tool that Barby's agent is using (he's claiming Barbashev may go back to Russia to play) ends up with him leaving, then they may just have enough money to bring Maroon back. Though reportedly Armstrong usually likes to have about a $1-2 million cushion with the salary cap.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
Blues are gonna bring back basically everyone from last year's team except for probably Maroon and Barbashev. Though if this current bargaining tool that Barby's agent is using (he's claiming Barbashev may go back to Russia to play) ends up with him leaving, then they may just have enough money to bring Maroon back. Though reportedly Armstrong usually likes to have about a $1-2 million cushion with the salary cap.

With the experience the Blues have coming back and with Chief leading the way, I like the Blues chances of finishing the season above .500 and contending for another Stanley Cup. It won't be easy to get another cup, as the target on the Blues' back got bigger. I like both Barbashev and Maroon. Barb is younger and I liked his play during the playoffs. Maroon is older and the hometown kid, yet he scored one of the biggest goals during the playoff run. It's a tough decision, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Barbashev. I'd be ecstatic if we kept both, but I agree with you. I think one of them will leave.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
Central is going to be a dogfight. 6 teams (sorry, Wild) could conceivably make the playoffs. Can the Blues catch lightning in a bottle again? Don't think so, but I've been wrong before. lol

Looking at the standings from last season in the Central, the top five teams finished in the 100-90 points range (Nashville 100, Winnipeg 99, STL 99, Dallas 93, and Colorado 90). I expect it to be tight again. Wouldn't surprise me if those teams that I listed, could finish in the top five again this season.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
That'll be the goal Maroon will be best remembered for. Happy for him that he came back to his hometown and won a Cup. Best of luck to him at Tampa.

I am actually looking forward to watching Ben Bishop play. Dude is a stud between the pipes.

Blues have traded Joel Edmundson, prospect Dominik Bokk (who was their first round pick in 2018), and a 2021 7th round pick to the Carolina Hurricanes for defenseman Justin Faulk and a 2020 5th round pick.

After the trade was made official, the Blues signed Faulk to a 7-year extension with an AAV of $6.5 million. Faulk is entering the final year of his current deal so the new deal begins in the 2020-21 season.

Deleted member 46511

D
Vlady out for 5 months, minimum. Ouch!
This ought to test the crew a bit... but maybe give someone a chance to play a bigger role.
Hockey is the epitome of a team game, and the Blues (when playing well) are far less a group of individuals and far more a collective... (and they've not had the 'greatest', start... though not complaining about it.)... so who knows, maybe this gets everyone locked back in to the team game.

Above = "Silver lining search."

News about Vlady absolutely stinks. But it's not as if the Blues are hurting for wing depth. Gonna be interesting to see how the guys like Kyrou and Kostin play with the extended look. I've also heard talk about them potentially moving Robert Thomas to the wing.