St Louis Cardinals 2020 season

the Front Range
Just heard a rumor that the proposal includes the DH for the BL in the shorten season as a test run. Is that actually true?

If that happens, you can bet that Manfred will try to get the DH permanetly in the NL beginning in 2021.
And Hummel seems to think that, at least for 2020, that Rangel Ravelo would get a lion's share of those at-bats and could play 1B if they wanna give Goldschmidt a day off but keep his bat in the line-up. He also said he could see some of the OFs rotating through that DH spot as well.

Cary, IL
Pardon my ignorance, in the event that there is no baseball this year, would players simply lose a year off of their contracts. So, for instance, Fowler's contract would still expire at the end of 2021. Also, interesting to think about the FA clock for the young players currently making minimum, or whose arbitration clock has started.

Pardon my ignorance, in the event that there is no baseball this year, would players simply lose a year off of their contracts. So, for instance, Fowler's contract would still expire at the end of 2021. Also, interesting to think about the FA clock for the young players currently making minimum, or whose arbitration clock has started.
This is from earlier this month. So it doesn't cover some of the most recent developments.

Per the CBA, service time for younger players is counted by the game. So a shorter - or wiped out - season could extend the time before players on their first contract become free agents. The CBA seems silent what happens with veterans contracts. If any games are played, it probably counts as a year of their contract, but who knows what happens if no games are played.

The March agreement between the players and owners said that one year of service time would accrue regardless of how many games - if any - have been played, but since that article was written, the owners have essentially torn up that March agreement and started negotiations again from scratch.

Kelso, WA
With the talk about forcing a DH on the National League, allowing even more teams in the playoffs (thereby making regular season games even less meaningful), and scheduling a higher percentage of interleague games, along with the ongoing disagreements between the players and the owners, I'm becoming more and more in favor of just scrapping the entire season with the hopes of returning to sanity in 2021.

With the talk about forcing a DH on the National League, allowing even more teams in the playoffs (thereby making regular season games even less meaningful), and scheduling a higher percentage of interleague games, along with the ongoing disagreements between the players and the owners, I'm becoming more and more in favor of just scrapping the entire season with the hopes of returning to sanity in 2021.
The younger players need this season more than the high profile guys or the owners do so for their sake's I hope the blustering and posturing comes to an end. The owners and MLBPA rhetoric isn't so much about saving the season as trying to gain an advantage over the other group they are negotiating against. They could come to an agreement today if they put their pride aside. With billions on the line they could take care of all the minor league players, office staff and vendors but greed gets in the way.

Kelso, WA
The younger players need this season more than the high profile guys or the owners do so for their sake's I hope the blustering and posturing comes to an end. The owners and MLBPA rhetoric isn't so much about saving the season as trying to gain an advantage over the other group they are negotiating against. They could come to an agreement today if they put their pride aside. With billions on the line they could take care of all the minor league players, office staff and vendors but greed gets in the way.
You make some very good points.