Syracuse self-imposes postseason ban for this season

They don't need to free up scholarships yet, but I expect to see a few transfers after this season.

Kirksville, MO
I wonder if players will be allowed to transfer without having to sit out a year.

Had a streak where i went to around 5 or so Final Fours in a row and had the opportunity to talk to quite a few D-1 head coaches. By far the only one that I came across that was arrogant, slimy, and felt that he was better than everyone else was Jim Boeheim.

As far as I'm concerned this couldn't happen to a more appropriate person.

Deleted member 10676

D
From the NY Times, a nice rundown of the major sanctions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/07/s....html?emc=edit_na_20150306&nlid=53973040&_r=0
The committee’s punishment was severe: Over the next four years, the Syracuse men’s basketball team must forfeit three scholarships; vacate all wins in which an ineligible basketball player participated from 2004 through 2012; reduce permissible off-campus recruiters from four to two; and return all funds received from participation in the Big East Conference tournament in 2011, 2012 and 2013, among other sanctions.
Furthermore, Coach Jim Boeheim will be suspended for the first nine Atlantic Athletic Conference games in 2015-16. The committee singled out Boeheim for his “failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance and monitor his staff.”.

Thomas Bryant just got a CB pick for Indiana.. Stupid Syracuse.

Captain Trips-ville, Planet Houston
Surprised the NCAA meted out stiff punishment. Syracuse is going to be down for 5+ years and Boeheim's tainted, big time.

Happy that the NCAA has found its stones.

Doesn't auger well for Carolina.

Alabama
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 13m

Jim Boeheim releases following statement expressing his disappointment after NCAA concludes its investigation. pic.twitter.com/KbguqBg5oy

Los Angeles
Just spin, baby.
You just knew he wasn't going to own it. Boeheim is and will always be a complete jerk.

I'll never forget when he threw Ennis under the bus AFTER he declared for the NBA draft, but before the actual draft took place.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10676

D
[FONT=&quot]Mac Irvin Fire[/FONT][FONT=&quot] @TheMacIrvinFire · 4h 4 hours ago [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Per #NCAA Investigation, #Syracuse must vacate 108 wins, dropping Coach Boeheim who was 34 wins away from 1,000, to 858 wins (6th all time)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Considering who posted this, it's probably really only like 88.
[/FONT]