Tevian Jones enters transfer portal

Tev was always a high potential player, but, to be blunt, this wasn’t the right fit for him.
Not a coach but it just didn’t seem like he had a bb IQ. Need to react rather than think and move. Despite his terrific athleticism he just didn’t improve in his defense. Hope I am wrong and he has success with a change in venue.

I don’t think he is going to leave. Think he is just home sick.

Home sick, possible lingering injury ??? marks, ability to do something back home? I think BBV may not be back and will be one of the transfers when all said and done...Hamlin as well, so 2 more?

Everyone will be home for awhile. My mom would’ve sent me back to school virus or not to get me outta the house lol.
I heard a joke that if the scientists don't find a cure for Covid19 soon, parents will!
--
Good luck Tev!

This was the easiest transfer to predict. Kid couldn't get out of his own way at IL, couldn't play a lick of D. Best of luck to him wherever he goes but he needs to be careful where he chooses. Lower level would seem to be a better fit.

Wow! The hate is real! Best wishes Tev! Prove them all wrong! Nothing but fuel to your fire! Make them eat these words! I pray you shine so bright that it blinds them! Thanks for choosing the Illini Nation!

The hate is real!

People often confuse "hate" with realism or honesty, bluntness or factual....truth is TJ is a kid still, who is making kid choices and sometimes paying the price for those choices.

Does he have skills yes, is he an elite talent, maybe, we weren't fortunate to find out. Now another school gets to see if they can coax the good out of TJ both on the court and off.

Fact is TJ had 1 outstanding game for us, and alot of mishaps as well. We has fans only know so much, but the staff/university must have been privy to alot more since he was buried on the bench...it wasn't all due to just the fact that he was challenged on the defense side of things either.

TJ wasn't the mindset to be B1G talent, ILLINI is a major jump up from HS and neither his game or his maturity made that jump.

I wish Tev the best of luck, but he was destined for the transfer portal once he got in trouble for a second time. His deal with UI was to play basketball in exchange for a scholarship. When you don't hold up your part by getting in trouble for two consecutive years, then you don't get encouraged to return. Hope he has learned a valuable lesson for his future.
I really enjoyed watching highlights of him playing the point on the 1-3-1 defense in Italy last year. He had some awesome dunks off steals. Would have been fun to see that in the regular season.

Tevian and Alan were the two players I was most excited to see play coming into this season. I loved the potential of both of them, and now they are both gone. Tevian reminds me a lot of DJ Williams. A kid with a ton of potential that you could see in flashes, but never was able to fully get there. And this is what is most frustrating to me. If he wouldn't have gotten himself suspended two non conference seasons in a row, he may have really helped this team. You could see the match up problems a player like Tevian could create for defenders.

People often confuse "hate" with realism or honesty, bluntness or factual....truth is TJ is a kid still, who is making kid choices and sometimes paying the price for those choices.

Does he have skills yes, is he an elite talent, maybe, we weren't fortunate to find out. Now another school gets to see if they can coax the good out of TJ both on the court and off.

Fact is TJ had 1 outstanding game for us, and alot of mishaps as well. We has fans only know so much, but the staff/university must have been privy to alot more since he was buried on the bench...it wasn't all due to just the fact that he was challenged on the defense side of things either.

TJ wasn't the mindset to be B1G talent, ILLINI is a major jump up from HS and neither his game or his maturity made that jump.

I agree with much of what you said and everyone has the chance to express their Illinois Fan Opinions, but there's a point at which it just becomes belligerent, redundant, and just cruel. The net net, he chose to come to Illinois and we were excited about it. He gave it a shot...didn't pan out as we all had hoped...none more profoundly disappointed that it didn't work than he probably was feeling during his suspension earlier this year. TJ knows more than anyone what he did and didn't do. He'll have to learn and all we have to do is wish him good luck on his transition to hopefully a better pasture for him. That's all. I'm not trying to play social police and I know this is pretty much for naught because I'm preaching to anonymity...but still feel like it needed to be said more poignantly.

So getting off my soap box...Good luck to you TJ, thanks for believing in what this team could be and for your help in getting us to where we are today!

Tevian and Alan were the two players I was most excited to see play coming into this season. I loved the potential of both of them, and now they are both gone. Tevian reminds me a lot of DJ Williams. A kid with a ton of potential that you could see in flashes, but never was able to fully get there. And this is what is most frustrating to me. If he wouldn't have gotten himself suspended two non conference seasons in a row, he may have really helped this team. You could see the match up problems a player like Tevian could create for defenders.
DJ is my comparison but more about the board than the players. Complaints all year about playing time because they are athletic. Coaches obviously don’t know what they are doing.

DJ is my comparison

I think DJ is quite abit more skilled than TJ to be honest. Much more bummed when we lost him than TJ, thats not meant to be offensive towards anyone, I just think if DJ would have stuck around he could have helped us more longterm than TJ ever would. Best of to the both of them.

I agree with much of what you said and everyone has the chance to express their Illinois Fan Opinions, but there's a point at which it just becomes belligerent, redundant, and just cruel. The net net, he chose to come to Illinois and we were excited about it. He gave it a shot...didn't pan out as we all had hoped...none more profoundly disappointed that it didn't work than he probably was feeling during his suspension earlier this year. TJ knows more than anyone what he did and didn't do. He'll have to learn and all we have to do is wish him good luck on his transition to hopefully a better pasture for him. That's all. I'm not trying to play social police and I know this is pretty much for naught because I'm preaching to anonymity...but still feel like it needed to be said more poignantly.

So getting off my soap box...Good luck to you TJ, thanks for believing in what this team could be and for your help in getting us to where we are today!

Fair enough good points as well. The best to him and his next stop/future