The 2014 Illini Nike Uniforms and Rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,701      

HsvIllini

Alabama
Looks like Gameday ruined the surprise. https://twitter.com/gamedayspirit/status/489161831127064579

The football jerseys will be available in orange and silver this year.

BsnaF8OCUAAIDix.jpg

So is that why the team supposedly isn't getting blue this year?

#1,703      

Shief

Champaign Area
Heard about this earlier today, getting mine tomorrow!

Last edited:
#1,706      
TIS will have theirs tomorrow as well (hopefully) I'd heard a while back that there weren't going to be any white and I was super bummed as those were easily the sharpest ones.

I too am wondering why this would be available while Navy isn't. I get having the accent color is in right now, but having at the expense of having a PRIMARY color is ridiculous. I hope its not this instead of the navy, we should only having in addition to the navy.

#1,707      
If they wanted a special jersey, they could have had it next year and blue instead this year. These look awesome, but why not have the wow factor of the new unis this year and bring in an alternate next year?

Wondering if they'll pair white lids and pants with these?

#1,710      

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
So will the team be wearing these or is this something just fans can purchase? I know a few years back USC had a gold jersey that was just for fans.

#1,717      
Pretty silly they didn't want to put the stripes down the entire body. I'd rather not have them at all than on the sleeves where they aren't even located on the game jerseys.

#1,718      

IlliniNation05

Champaign, IL
Pretty silly they didn't want to put the stripes down the entire body. I'd rather not have them at all than on the sleeves where they aren't even located on the game jerseys.

Yea. I've been a big supporter of the whole process thus far, but I have no clue what they were thinking when putting together this retail version

#1,719      
I like the redesigned uniforms but the way they have rolled them out is 100% bush league. Seriously, 2 jersey colors this year? You have got to be joking.

#1,720      

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
I like the redesigned uniforms but the way they have rolled them out is 100% bush league. Seriously, 2 jersey colors this year? You have got to be joking.

I don't think this means the team will only wear these colors, just that orange and silver are the only ones available for fans to buy.

#1,721      

HsvIllini

Alabama
I don't think this means the team will only wear these colors, just that orange and silver are the only ones available for fans to buy.

Which also seems weird. I know there are manufacturing limits, but it seems odd to limit what you are trying to sell - it seems like they will lose potential sales this year doing it the way they are.

#1,724      

Shief

Champaign Area
Just got back with my orange jersey, looking forward to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.