The Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Was thinking about office pools and whatnot, so I thought who's better tapped in than the Loyalty board! I was wondering what the board consensus was for the following:
- ultimate champion
- final four teams
- your favorite dark horse team
- which B1G team goes the furthest.

Thanks all!

I'll post my thoughts a bit later, just wanted to get the ball rolling...

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Other random questions / topics:
- will any Pac12 team advance - at all?
- will Kansas flop early?
- what do you think of the Markus Howard / Ja Morant matchup? Who comes out on top?
- Is Texas Tech for real this year?

Upsets: Murray State like everyone else, Minny, Florida, Oregon, SH.

B1G: MSU is my only team in E8, and thats just because of the bracket.

I have VT/TT/Oregon in S16, and TT in F4.

MSU got hosed! They beat Michigan 3 times, won both regular season and tourney, yet they're in the same bracket as overall #1 Duke, while Michigan gets to be in the Zags bracket. Plus that knucklehead who was Committee Chair said the moved MSU ahead of UK, and wanted MSU to be close to home, yet they sent them to Des Moines and not Columbus?!?!? Check the frickin' map people. Ridiculous!

MSU got hosed! They beat Michigan 3 times, won both regular season and tourney, yet they're in the same bracket as overall #1 Duke, while Michigan gets to be in the Zags bracket. Plus that knucklehead who was Committee Chair said the moved MSU ahead of UK, and wanted MSU to be close to home, yet they sent them to Des Moines and not Columbus?!?!? Check the frickin' map people. Ridiculous!
Agreed, they really got hosed on this one. They should be 1 seed and if they aren't they shouldn't be paired with Duke. Poorly done.

Should be a fun thread to look back in a few weeks!

- I'm picking the Zags to win it all. The game they lost against St. Mary's they couldn't hit the ocean from the beach. I don't see that happening again.
- My final 4 is all 1s except Tennesse instead of VA. Too much separation at the top this year.
- My favorite dark horse? UC Irvine ANTEATERS! Just wish they weren't playing Brucey.
- I'm torn on Michigan or MSU going further. Beilein does so well in madness seemingly every year. I'll say both they and MSU go E8, and get KO'd.

Can't wait for this to start! On Thursday, as I don't consider "first four" games the tournament.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Filled out a bracket last night.... came up with
Champion: North Carolina. Beating Duke in the final.
Final Four: Duke, Gonzaga, Villanova, North Carolina
Favorite Dark Horse: Kansas St. Just be fun to see Bruce make a run again. Don’t have a lot of confidence in KSU. Think they have a good team but, could see them getting upset by UC-Irvine or running into a hot Oregon in 2nd Rd. Don’t have a good feeling about Virginia again either. Thus Villanova to F4.
B1G team the furthest: Michigan St to E8 before falling to Duke. Michigan out in S16 falling to Texas Tech.

Since everyone seems to be picking Murray St. I’ve got to say that I’ve got Marquette beating them, and I’ve also got Georgia State beating Houston. Watch out for Iowa State after opening weekend if they make it through

Deleted member 626650

D
Think people are underestimating Bruce's KSU team. If Wade is healthy, they make S16 or farther.

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
I've got Duke over UNC in the final

KSU makes it to the final four, solely because I wanna hear that good ole Raspy Bruce!

I play in a huge pool, so I try and get creative. My team to make an unexpected run at a title is LSU. They have a terrific point guard and a few future pros. Enough talent and athleticism to match up with anybody. Of course, no Will Wade.

LSU over Kentucky in the championship
Final four LSU, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky

I play in a huge pool, so I try and get creative. My team to make an unexpected run at a title is LSU. They have a terrific point guard and a few future pros. Enough talent and athleticism to match up with anybody. Of course, no Will Wade.

3 SEC teams in the final 4 is beyond creative....shear madness

the national

the Front Range
Ive had two goes of it. Either 3 SEC teams made the final four or 3 ACC teams did. I scraped them both and looking for other options. I primarily watched the Big12 and Big ten this year. Maybe I am weighing the national media too much?

illiniorphan

Centralia
The Maui Invitational tournament field sure looks impressive now.
Hard to go against Duke for a champion
Look for Iowa State and Florida State to have good runs
Tennessee in the Final four along with Duke, Florida state, and Carolina
Murray State with their guard play as a dark horse

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL

Without Wade, LSU is toast. They've lost like every game since he was suspended.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
I was really tempted to pick Duke as the overall champion but I have a hard time banking on a team with poor free throw shooting to go the distance. I kinda figure someone is going to be able to ride it out with them before too long, although I really don't see many challenges for them until they have to face either MSU or LSU. So I'm going for UNC for champion, although it really hurts my feelings to root for them...

My final four is pretty unimaginative: Duke, Zags, TN, and UNC. But if I had to pick a dark horse I might go for FSU or Nova. A lot of people have been picking Nova for the whole thing and that kinda surprised me given their 6 seed.

I have MSU going the furthest in the B1G, to the elite 8. I was tempted to match Michigan at the elite 8, but I picked TTU over them. I feel like the West bracket is the most wide open.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Follow up... What also surprises me about the Nova pick to go all the way is I think they will have stiff competition at every step to the final four. They'll have to make it through Saint Mary's, Purdue, and Tennessee (if not Iowa).

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
A lot of people have been picking Nova for the whole thing and that kinda surprised me given their 6 seed.
I have them losing in the first round if that makes you feel better.

My upset pick nku 14 seed over Texas Tech. I live in that area so I will be rooting for the upset. Veteran team that has players that have tournament experience. So go Norse. I got Michigan over UNC. Big ten has to win one sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.