The Brian Carlwell & Jamar Smith Wreck (with pics) - Jamar charged with DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illini Foot Soldier
Re: Lexus hits tree; driven to apt parking lot

Had some trouble logging in, sounds like Jamar was release but Carlwell is in critical condition.

Sorry about that, the server crashed due to influx for other Illinois boards. Not that best word to describe, but hey

Last edited:
Sullivan, Il

These pictures are very hard to even look at!! I have been praying for Brian and Jamar and both of their families!! I got a call from my brother in law this morning who lives across the hall from Jamar and Chet and he said there was some screaming and ambulances there for a while!! This is the time in sports where records or slumps or rankings do not matter!!! I will continue to pray for all of our kids and i hope you will too!!!

Please don't go into the where there's smoke thre's fire thing. ES300 last made in 2003. Models from 92-03.

another report said doctors would need 24 hours to evaluate extent of concussion. not a doctor so if someone can decipher please do, but 24 hours sounds like a long time

That's pretty shocking. I'm glad Jamar is alright and praying that Brian will recover. Damn our future could've ended right there but that's the last thing I'm worried about now.

Last edited:
Illini Foot Soldier

mdeming said:
another report said doctors would need 24 hours to evaluate extent of concussion. not a doctor so if someone can decipher please do, but 24 hours sounds like a long time
Not a doctor either but have had plently of concussions. If its serious than they are probably monitoring his brain activity to see the extent of the damage, if any.

The Tupper blog seems to be good news...sounds like Brian is stable and now they are just monitoring progress...

Sure puts college hoops in perspective. God bless Brian. Screw everything else.

god, this season has been like murphy's law. all year. how sorry i feel for both players. i hope brian is okay.

mdeming said:
They could be taking tests to make sure that there isn't any bleeding in the brain or any other serious damage to the brain and rule out anything significant.

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Jamar and Brian will be in our thoughts and prayers. What a scary thing to happen.

Judging from the pics I can see how Brian got hurt so badly. That passenger side looks pretty bad. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Re: The Carlwell & Smith Wreck (with pics)

Everyone needs to be praying for Brian and his family. Hopefully he will be ok and this will bring some perspective to both the fans and the team.

Champaign's Finest
Chicago, IL

I'm just hoping he'll be okay.

Thoughts and prayers with the Brian and the Carlwell family.

I'm trying to get the thread to a new page so I can refresh for updates without seeing the horrible car pictures.

Chief Optimism Officer
Chicago

Dear lord.

ICU sounds pretty bad. I hope he is okay. I can't even imagine how his folks must be feeling, especially if they are trying to fight the storm on I-57. Damn. :(

So does anyone want to tell me what the heck the Illini did to afford such bad kharma this season? It's officially the worst season in Illini basketball history for injury. Two freshman in the ICU, in unrelated incidents, pretty much sums it up.

wow from being happy that U of I canceled classes today, I am really stressed and worried for Brian and his family.....Like everyone has been saying, I will also be praying for them.

Just horrible. I'm glad things weren't worse, and I hope Brian's condition improves and he's okay. I can't believe Jamar drove that car home after hitting the tree. What can't happen to this team, to these kids?

Get well Brian. We're all behind you.

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan

At least Brian has finally been upgraded to stable condition, but I can't imagine what a horrible blow it must have been on the passenger's side of that car. We're all praying for you, Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.