Track & Field

Indoor track has started up. Had the Illini Open and ran at Iowa this weekend.
Quinn has started out well, winning the 60m at both in 6.65 (PR). Also won the 200 at Iowa. Showing good form out the blocks.
Davis won the 800 at Illini and the mile at Iowa in another sub4 effort. He beat some decent runners, including some Wisconsin guys.

Quinn (200) and the Men's DMR race in NCAA indoors tonight. It will be streamed on ESPN.

I'd say Quinn is a coin flip to reach the finals. The DMR could be interesting; it is is finals only. Davis holds up against pretty much any miler and several guys "better" then him will be coming back from mile prelims.

Quinn (200) and the Men's DMR race in NCAA indoors tonight. It will be streamed on ESPN.

I'd say Quinn is a coin flip to reach the finals. The DMR could be interesting; it is is finals only. Davis holds up against pretty much any miler and several guys "better" then him will be coming back from mile prelims.
Didn't go well for the Illini. Quinn finished 15 of 16 and DMR was dead last by ten seconds.

Yeah, I haven't seen a video but looking at splits the first leg of the DMR was out the back and we never closed it back up. Doesn't look like Davis even tried on the last leg.

Did we ever hear officially that Reiser took a redshirt for XC? Davis was made public, but a couple other guys never raced either.

Did we ever hear officially that Reiser took a redshirt for XC? Davis was made public, but a couple other guys never raced either.
I haven't heard that, but it would make sense since he redshirted both indoor and outdoor track the previous year. What's up with Eiker? I assume that Wells redshirted.