Track & Field

Anyone see that high school kid that broke the national 100m record? Kid is a freakish athlete!! Also ran the fastest 400m while running the last leg of the 4x400. His name is Matthew Boling, from Texas private school.

I was that meet coaching for my team. It was crazy. The men’s 100 before him was at like a 10.3 pace. He was so much faster that when he finished I stood up and screamed “that’s below 10!,” but was still shocked when it actually was. He did have the wind so it got bumped up for the final time, but impressive none the less. One of my fellow coaches clocked his 4x1 anchor split against the wind, at 9.3. Maybe the best high school track meet in US history. What gets overlooked from that meet is that the day before, Fort Bend Marshall ran a 39.99 4x100 relay in the prelims, with 2 alternates. On that relay team was our newest football commit, Dalevon Campbell. They also had the fastest incoming 4x200 time in the country, but I don’t remember what that was.

Attachments

• 667E0696-F4BB-4EF8-AAE6-D8C98E4059BC.jpeg
    667E0696-F4BB-4EF8-AAE6-D8C98E4059BC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 254

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
I was that meet coaching for my team. It was crazy. The men’s 100 before him was at like a 10.3 pace. He was so much faster that when he finished I stood up and screamed “that’s below 10!,” but was still shocked when it actually was. He did have the wind so it got bumped up for the final time, but impressive none the less. One of my fellow coaches clocked his 4x1 anchor split against the wind, at 9.3. Maybe the best high school track meet in US history. What gets overlooked from that meet is that the day before, Fort Bend Marshall ran a 39.99 4x100 relay in the prelims, with 2 alternates. On that relay team was our newest football commit, Dalevon Campbell. They also had the fastest incoming 4x200 time in the country, but I don’t remember what that was.
Thanks for the info! BTW, Good to see you back, Five Star!

Thanks for the info! BTW, Good to see you back, Five Star!

Thank you! Good to be back. That meet was incredible. Guys who long jumped 23’ and tripled 46 didn’t advance to state. Matthew Boling went 25 in the LJ I believe. Guys who went 6’6 in high jump were eliminated. And somebody ran a blistering 10.2 and got smoked by Bolings 9.98, and the 10.3 that got third didn’t advance. That’s where track coaches should be recruiting. Better than freakin Florida in east Texas.

Thank you! Good to be back. That meet was incredible. Guys who long jumped 23’ and tripled 46 didn’t advance to state. Matthew Boling went 25 in the LJ I believe. Guys who went 6’6 in high jump were eliminated. And somebody ran a blistering 10.2 and got smoked by Bolings 9.98, and the 10.3 that got third didn’t advance. That’s where track coaches should be recruiting. Better than freakin Florida in east Texas.
Yeah, my brother lives in Houston area of Texas and he said the athleticism of those kids is freakish. I heard DFW is even stronger. We need a permanent office down there for recruiting.