Training Camp 2016

This is very nice that so much is open to the public. I'm having a brain freeze....is Camp Rantoul finished? I thought Beckman wanted to get rid of it and then it was condensed to one week of Camp Rantoul?

This is very nice that so much is open to the public. I'm having a brain freeze....is Camp Rantoul finished? I thought Beckman wanted to get rid of it and then it was condensed to one week of Camp Rantoul?

August preseason camp to prepare for 2016 season will be in Champaign-Urbana

The University of Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA) announced today that the Fighting Illini football team will spend all of 2016 fall training camp on the Illinois campus. This represents a change for the football program, which, in 17 of the last 18 years, traveled to "Camp Rantoul" for at least a portion of its fall preseason training, held on the former Chanute Air Force Base in Rantoul, Illinois.

Food

Now I need to know if the 7-9 pm session in Memorial Stadium will have the concession stands open. Gotta eat somewhere. No guarantee anyone will be tailgating. Been caught being the only one, in the past.

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
Now I need to know if the 7-9 pm session in Memorial Stadium will have the concession stands open. Gotta eat somewhere. No guarantee anyone will be tailgating. Been caught being the only one, in the past.

Why not get a bite to eat in campus town before practice?

I hope they limit Vaughn's training camp carries well need him a lot this season

I don't know too much about college football stats. How many carries does the average "bell cow" running back in a run first offense? I'm interested because I assume Vaughn will get more due to lack of depth.

I don't know too much about college football stats. How many carries does the average "bell cow" running back in a run first offense? I'm interested because I assume Vaughn will get more due to lack of depth.

No that's fine in the season I'm just speaking in camp terms....I know Reggie Corbin will be hungry since he's backing the chief

No that's fine in the season I'm just speaking in camp terms....I know Reggie Corbin will be hungry since he's backing the chief

I agree with reducing his workload in camp in an ideal world, but with a new offense with and emphasis on running, I'm not sure if that's possible.

I read an article where Vaughn said Lovie told him 20-30 carries a game. So that is about a 250-350 range for the year. I was more looking for how that number would compare to the average. Apparently Justin Jackson at NW got 312 last year for a comparison.

I agree with reducing his workload in camp in an ideal world, but with a new offense with and emphasis on running, I'm not sure if that's possible.

I read an article where Vaughn said Lovie told him 20-30 carries a game. So that is about a 250-350 range for the year. I was more looking for how that number would compare to the average. Apparently Justin Jackson at NW got 312 last year for a comparison.

ID like to see crouch relieving Lunt a bit more when games are concluded he needs Moore confidence in his passing and running skills

Dan

Admin
Last edited:

ritster

Wheaton, IL
I'd appreciate some news and updates too. I'm down here in the 305

I'm hearing that Reggie Corbin has looked very Josh fergusonesque out there as the number 2 back! Imagine very and mendenhall in a backfield together....... Vaughn and Corbin!

I'm hearing that Reggie Corbin has looked very Josh fergusonesque out there as the number 2 back! Imagine very and mendenhall in a backfield together....... Vaughn and Corbin!

He's had some nice plays but the scouting report thus far is that he's a good complementary back, not at Ferg's level (yet).