Transfers Thread

Mark didn't play a lot of AAU ball. He's a naturally gifted athlete but his bball talents weren't nearly as vetted, or developed, to the extent that the avg player typically is. I wish him well wherever he goes.

Looks as if a reporter wants Georgia Tech to go after ALL of our transfers...lol

Can you imagine if they all went to the same team?

Found this a few min ago too.

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
Follow Follow @coreyevans_10
More
Illinois transfer Te’Jon Lucas has received offers from Milwaukee, South Dakota State, IUPUI & Pacific since receiving his release. Others involved include Georgia Tech, Georgetown, NDSU, Utah Valley, Bradley, San Diego, Florida Atlantic and ODU

10:46 AM - 3 Apr 2018

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Can you imagine if they all went to the same team?

Found this a few min ago too.

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
Follow Follow @coreyevans_10
More
Illinois transfer Te’Jon Lucas has received offers from Milwaukee, South Dakota State, IUPUI & Pacific since receiving his release. Others involved include Georgia Tech, Georgetown, NDSU, Utah Valley, Bradley, San Diego, Florida Atlantic and ODU

10:46 AM - 3 Apr 2018

Brian Wardle is a pretty hard nosed guy at Bradley. I think he'd love Te'Jon's defensive aggressiveness.

Brian Wardle is a pretty hard nosed guy at Bradley. I think he'd love Te'Jon's defensive aggressiveness.

Will be interested to see where he goes. Hate that he chose to transfer & sit out a year vs competing for minutes. Aside from issues I am not aware of, just think he would have been better off hanging a year here & try to graduate early or something. Maybe that was not a possibility either. Regardless, will be interested watching how he does elsewhere.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Will be interested to see where he goes. Hate that he chose to transfer & sit out a year vs competing for minutes. Aside from issues I am not aware of, just think he would have been better off hanging a year here & try to graduate early or something. Maybe that was not a possibility either. Regardless, will be interested watching how he does elsewhere.

It could be (this is pure speculation) that there were still some bad feelings stemming from his suspension earlier this year.

I liked the kid's game, I wish him well.

Anyone but Mizzery

I'd love to see him picked up by Missou --it would be interesting to see how he does in another system and play against him. And btw, I wish him the best. Like most, I thought his committing here was really good for us.

He was lost out there, and it hurt his confidence. To me the most telling stat is that he was a solid 3 point shooter with incredible range coming in, but shot just 5 of 27 (.18.5%) from three in conference.

Someone got in his ear that he's better off losing a year, rather than buckle up here. Or maybe he just doesn't like the culture/system/coaching now that he's struggled. Either way, I'm interested in seeing how he does.

Btw, here are his stats in BIG play:
16.4 MPG
3.1 PPG
28.6% FG%
18.5% 3P FG%
1 Assit 1 TO per game
1 RB/G
75%FT
1.9 PF (roughly on pace to foul out over 40 min)

Past player interest that the ILLINI had: Rapolas Ivanauskas is moving on.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2018/...agued-forward-rapolas-ivanauskas-to-transfer/

Just out of curiosity if anyone knows. Does he still have to sit a year? He redshirted his freshman year due to a shoulder injury. Followed by injuring the same shoulder this year only playing in 3 games for a grand total of 11 min.

Personally think he is taking a huge risk of schools being afraid to take a chance due to recurring injuries.

t7nich

Central IL
I'd love to see him picked up by Missou --it would be interesting to see how he does in another system and play against him. And btw, I wish him the best. Like most, I thought his committing here was really good for us.

He was lost out there, and it hurt his confidence. To me the most telling stat is that he was a solid 3 point shooter with incredible range coming in, but shot just 5 of 27 (.18.5%) from three in conference.

Someone got in his ear that he's better off losing a year, rather than buckle up here. Or maybe he just doesn't like the culture/system/coaching now that he's struggled. Either way, I'm interested in seeing how he does.

16.4 MPG
3.1 PPG
28.6% FG%
18.5% 3P FG%
1 Assit 1 TO per game
1 RB/G
75%FT

His family

foby

Bonnaroo Land

16.4 MPG
3.1 PPG
28.6% FG%
18.5% 3P FG%
1 Assit 1 TO per game
1 RB/G
75%FT

If he would sit out a year, and then have a few tremendous seasons at Mizz.......well, I don't really think there is an upside to that happening.

If he would sit out a year, and then have a few tremendous seasons at Mizz.......well, I don't really think there is an upside to that happening.
I see a tremendous upside for him in that scenario. ...I do not see a "downside".

I hope he uses year off to work on his quickness skills. great athlete that wasnt developed well his first year, IMO

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity if anyone knows. Does he still have to sit a year? He redshirted his freshman year due to a shoulder injury. Followed by injuring the same shoulder this year only playing in 3 games for a grand total of 11 min.

Personally think he is taking a huge risk of schools being afraid to take a chance due to recurring injuries.
he will be a 20 year old with likely 4 years of eligibility. Id take a chance on him if he is still in it to win it.

Thanks guys. Did not know if the injury & not playing would change things with having to sit out a year.

& that would be a cool possibility of walking out of a school with 6/7 yrs of academics if a pro sports related career does not pan out for him. :cool:

foby

Bonnaroo Land
I see a tremendous upside for him in that scenario. ...I do not see a "downside".

I hope he uses year off to work on his quickness skills. great athlete that wasnt developed well his first year, IMO

No upside for Illinois. I wish him the best, but not if he goes to mizzery. He can fall flat as far as I am concerned.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
"Michael Finke has cut his list of potential transfer destinations to five, according to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein. The Illinois graduate transfer is down to a final five of Grand Canyon, Nevada, Penn State, Stanford and Vanderbilt. Bachelor's degree earned in December, Finke will be immediately eligible after transferring."

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/mens-basketball/2018-04-09/finke-cuts-list-five.html

I'd be surprised if it's not Grand Canyon. PSU would be blasphemy. :tsk: