Transfers Thread

I’ll be very happy for Finke if he ends up at Stanford, Vanderbilt or Nevada.

The other two would leave me puzzled, mostly if he chose Penn State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Agree. Wardle is doing a good job rebuilding the Bradley program. They have one of the Brummitt brothers from Decatur MacArthur coming this fall and just picked up a 6-6 JUCO wing that looks pretty athletic.

Is Wojo on the hot seat at Marquette? I would assume that would be Wardle's next move up the ladder.

As a Marquette graduate and athletic donor, I can tell you that Wojo hasn't done much to cement himself. His hire was met with plenty of fanfare but the results have been less than stellar. As for Wardle, my understanding is that the University won't consider him after verbal abuse allegations when he was at UW-Green Bay.

With all that said, Wojo will now have a great eight year run and Wardle succeed him.

Wow for Vandy, former top 50 player, Matt Moyer, has chosen Vandy after transferring from Syracuse. Vandy is just loaded. Can't imagine what it would be like if they get Langford.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
That just might put them over the top for a National Championship. :thumb:

giphy.gif

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
I'm stumped. Why doesn't he just announce GCU and be done with it?

Do we know if these visits are officials? If so, free trips to be courted by a bunch of quality programs around the county. It's nice to be wanted, especially for a guy that wasn't highly recruited out of high school.

I'm stumped. Why doesn't he just announce GCU and be done with it?

Gee- maybe because he doesn't know where he wants to go?
Playing a year with your brother sounds nice but so does Stanford. And Nevada will have a legit team next year if they get a few major players back. I wouldn't want to go to PSU if I were him but that's me. Vandy is appealing but I think they are out of scholarships. That was supposed to be Finke's last stop so maybe his seconds recruitment will be winding up soon.

Just throwing this out there,

Malik Hines , 6' 9, 240, Rs Jr , grad transfer, UMass, testing NBA waters no agent, any ideas in case worse case happens?

Malik Hines , 6' 9, 240, Rs Jr , grad transfer, UMass, testing NBA waters no agent, any ideas in case worse case happens?

9 ppg 6 rpg not an impressive combo considering he played at umass, but he shot 65% from the floor. Assuming he plays good D and I'm on board for him.

t7nich

Central IL
9 ppg 6 rpg not an impressive combo considering he played at umass, but he shot 65% from the floor. Assuming he plays good D and I'm on board for him.

One of the best front court transfer options at this point in time. And I believe Antigua knows him from his days recruiting for Kentucky.

That being said, the market for transfers will change once we get closer to the draft and guys decide they will be playing in college another year.

Played the 5th most minutes on the team at 23.3/game, played every game and averaged 6.4 points and 4.7 rebounds and basically 1 block per game, most blocks on the team. Seems a stretch to call him a non factor with those stats. He shot a team high 58.2% from the filed as well. Not great, but appears to be a serviceable big. We had exactly 1 guy average more rebounds/game, Leron Black with 5.2/game, and that was in 2.2 more minutes/game.

But on an absolutely horrible team.. 279th in the country, while we were 102nd according to kenpom. That being said, we have nothing to lose by having a 5th year guy. I'd be shocked if he contribute anything other than legs at practice though.

Further, on Martin and USF, the teams against which he played those minutes and built those starts aren't quite P5 teams. They're not bad, but he would be stepping up a level to the B1G.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Further, on Martin and USF, the teams against which he played those minutes and built those starts aren't quite P5 teams. They're not bad, but he would be stepping up a level to the B1G.

Yep. Hard pass on Martin. It's not like McLovin was for us where he moved up a level but had been putting some really good stats for Coastal Carolina, close to 8 boards per game and also had been a double digit scorer for them. Still would have loved to nab a Caroline or Cunningham if at all possible if we can't land Okoro, but I suppose those ships have probably already sailed.

Martin had been discussed before, and I think feeling was he was a body, but nothing we could really hope for more than that. I browsed the transfer market, ATM, think Hines was the only one I could see as a possibility. Not sure if thats what we are looking for, but would be great to have a better than serviceable big. Maybe beggars can't be chosers, but should FO go elsewhere, and Hines looking maybe this could work for us. IDK, anyone else see any bigs?

Just throwing this out there,

Posted back a bit haven't seen what happened, I need some research but was best available before NBA draft crew was opened.