Transfers Thread

Naperville
I am just happy that he is not going to Miami. I know that was one of the schools he was considering and I don't want them to have any additional good fortune.
They got Tathan last night so they were/are more than giddy.

We need our own Tate here and we can run the ball 90% of the time. Our personnel, OC, OL and the downfield blocking ability of our WRs would make this offense very hard to stop.

Sad to see Cam go. He played his heart out and was an experienced hard hitting cornerback. At least this opens up a spot at in the secondary as he was most likely going to start at nickel back or at least be second strong cornerback. Interesting to see if Marquez can beat out Nate or Jartavius for one of the starting corner spots.
I don't see much doubt that Beason starts at CB. He's a shutdown CB with NFL speed. Dude is a stud.

near Ogden & Rt 83
lots and lots and lots of 4* & 5* players start as true frosh at top 20 programs. why wouldn't they start for us ?
by the time the league games start on 9/18, if they weren't as good as the 3* sr or jr when the season started on 8/29 , they will be

OU will be very good on offense again. They have WR's coming in that rank 1, 3, and 11. We would sell the south farm for that.

Someone on Twitter is saying he did not get his grades up enough to be eligible
If this is the case then that is unfortunate. I hope for whoever is sharing this information on twitter that it is 100% accurate as Larry doesn’t deserve this false narrative if it isn’t the case.

Even with what we have coming back and what we have coming in this is a big loss. Kid could have been a force for the next three years. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

If this is the case then that is unfortunate. I hope for whoever is sharing this information on twitter that it is 100% accurate as Larry doesn’t deserve this false narrative if it isn’t the case.

Even with what we have coming back and what we have coming in this is a big loss. Kid could have been a force for the next three years. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
From a total selfish perspective, if he is transferring because he cannot make the grades, that makes me feel a little better about the football program. However, it also would make me feel bad considering I hope there is a good system in place to give these kids the help they need to pull the proper grades. I agree he is a huge loss and I was really looking forward to seeing what he was going to look like next year. This kind of punched my night in the sack

Not sure on the truth about Boyd’s reason for transferring, but would be interesting to see if the “U” ended up recruiting him. They have now gained commitment from their 6th transfer.

Larry never got his stuff together.
You have been pretty spot on in a lot of your info so I will take your word for it.

I played D1 and actually went to high school with a guy that wrestled at UofI in late 90’s/early 2000’s. You almost have to try to not remain academically eligible as a D1 athlete. I am not saying it is “easy” academically. There are, however, infinite resources for athletes to succeed academically.

I wish him luck at his next stop.

You have been pretty spot on in a lot of your info so I will take your word for it.

I played D1 and actually went to high school with a guy that wrestled at UofI in late 90’s/early 2000’s. You almost have to try to not remain academically eligible as a D1 athlete. I am not saying it is “easy” academically. There are, however, infinite resources for athletes to succeed academically.

I wish him luck at his next stop.
I probably should say he still had work to do in order to play next season. But yeah I had a buddy that when to Ohio state and was in a class with the starting free safety and one day the teacher handed them back their tests and he goes "sweet she got me a A". They have a lot of resources at their disposal haha